WTF do I get a 5yo who has requested a pigeon for xmas

(116 Posts)
AngelsLieToKeepControl Thu 03-Oct-13 16:20:19

As per the title really.

She is obsessed with pigeons, she won't be persuaded with a budgie or any other type of bird.

She wrote a letter to Santa and hid it under her pillow, basically begging him for a pigeon but saying not to tell me because I won't let her have one sad

If anyone has any bright ideas I will be eternally grateful.

HenriettaPye Fri 04-Oct-13 09:46:59

You r lucky it's only a pigeon, DS decided he wants either a bison or a mammoth. hmm

AngelsLieToKeepControl Fri 04-Oct-13 09:48:48

Wow, thanks for all the ideas.

Purdy is just adorable, but I really do not fancy having a real live pigeon flying about, although the recipe looks delicious..... so maybe grin

Valiant is a brilliant idea, I totally forgot about that film.

She only ever usually asks Santa for surprises, it isn't very often she actually asks for something, and her letter was so sweet and heartfelt I really want to do my best to make this Christmas as pigeony as possible for her. I'll write a letter from Santa explaining he can't bring real live animals but he got her some pigeon things instead and she can go and see her adopted pigeon soon.

CuntingPigeon if you are free on christmas eve maybe you could solve all my problems and sit under my tree cooing grin

Thank you so much for all the ideas flowers

DD wants an axolotl.

tshirtsuntan Fri 04-Oct-13 10:00:11

I love that she wants a pigeon...fab! So far my 4 year old wants a breathing machine,a banana machine and a gun with red bullets...whaaat..!

t-shirt, the last one is easy....nerf gun smile

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Fri 04-Oct-13 10:47:31

That is so brilliant! Please update as to how you get on with your pigeony christmas grin

DS is 2 and thinks FC is going to bring him a Land Rover. We're going to have a disappointed face on Christmas morning I fear hmm

FunnyRunner Fri 04-Oct-13 10:51:31

Lovely thread smile Sugarhut and Doris fab suggestions wine

WaitMonkey Fri 04-Oct-13 11:10:22

This thread is brilliant. Love the pigeon and coathangers. grin FunkyPigeon do brilliant cuddly pigeons. I'd get him one of them, and adopt a real one I'd also spout the stuff about FC not being able to bring you real animals. He sounds great.

Hawkmoth Fri 04-Oct-13 11:11:52

Diamond Doves. But not for Christmas, obviously. They are such lovely, and stupid pets.

WaitMonkey Fri 04-Oct-13 11:11:56

Sorry. she. blush

Leopoldina Fri 04-Oct-13 11:12:55

if you lot can help me out on a "pair of ice skates that shoot sweets out of them" I'd be v grateful.

nickelbabe Fri 04-Oct-13 11:23:27

Showy
axolotl

nickelbabe Fri 04-Oct-13 11:55:56
Mogz Fri 04-Oct-13 11:58:51

Aww, your DD sounds super sweet. And I think the suggestions of an adopted pigeon are just perfect.
Animal adoptions got me out of a sticky spot when, for his birthday, an ex-mindee of mine was adamant that he wanted a shark to live in the bath tub! Cue a sea world shark adoption pack and a large plastic shark bath toy, phew!

lookingforbaubles Fri 04-Oct-13 12:03:57

dd3 very much wants john barrowman hmm

she has the life size cardboard cut out but its not the same she says, it scares everyone who walks into her room

we have lonnnng talks about it not being on to give real live people as gifts --shes not convinced im right!

JesusInTheCabbageVan Fri 04-Oct-13 12:21:19

Tell her I'M getting John Barrowman so she can't.

<Returns to stakeout>

Dad wants her very own church. We are not even religious and last time she was in church was a funeral. confused

Dad is DD obviously

ceebie Fri 04-Oct-13 13:52:07

My boss wanted coals last year. Seriously. I guess that's pretty easy really, he just had to be very, very naughty.

ShadeofViolet Fri 04-Oct-13 13:53:22

You used to be able to get Happyland churches South - would that be acceptable?

For about three months, my 5YO has been talking about how she wants 'a bus cow' I had no idea what she was talking about until last week when were sat behind a bus in the car and on the back of it was an advert for a local florist, with several Jellycat toys. It all suddenly became clear and now I don't feel like I am going to let DD down.

CombineBananaFister Fri 04-Oct-13 13:53:40

Who would have thought there was so much pigeon-related stuff out there - it's crackers! So glad you'll be able to get such cool stuff.

Ds is 3 and has asked for some 'toast', because he really likes it hmm, it's what he asks for when we go trick or treating blush
guess the boy just likes bread - it's going to be a cheap xmas!
disclaimer: he is well fed and not nutritionally deprived in anyway

jennycoast Fri 04-Oct-13 13:59:30

DD3 also wants an axolotl. I might need to get that one from e-bay, because we're definitely not having a living one!

DD2 asked for a flower pot man when she was 4. We finally got one on Christmas Eve. smile

AngelsLieToKeepControl Fri 04-Oct-13 14:02:43

I've been on a pigeon spending spree today, I have bought everything except Purdy grin, the adoption people are sending a picture out and a certificate with dds name on it, and said that we are more than welcome to come and visit, they have also suggested a few places slightly closer to me too, they were really nice. I'm also painting her a pigeon picture for her room.

There are some truly weird and wonderful requests this year, I had to google axolotl, how funny that someone crocheted one.

I want John Barrowman for Christmas too please. as long as he doesn't sing.

Kendodd Fri 04-Oct-13 14:11:24

Take her to Trafalgar Square, that'll put her off the horrible things for life.

IceCreamForCrow Fri 04-Oct-13 14:11:24

Goshgrin Looks like a picture of a Pigeon mumsnetting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now