Christmas puddings

(10 Posts)
Threalamandaclarke Sun 06-Oct-13 07:27:38

Ah. Thank you.
So much I hadn't thought about.

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 05-Oct-13 22:34:15

Oh and a word of warning. The coins do get quite hot in the pudding so be careful unwrapping them especially if there are young dcs.

Threalamandaclarke Sat 05-Oct-13 19:49:47

<excited>

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 05-Oct-13 19:32:43

I always add them at the last minute just before serving. I poke them into the base.
Tip if you want several shiny £1 coins (or any coins - I use a variety) start saving any new ones you get in change from now on.

Threalamandaclarke Sat 05-Oct-13 16:17:32

Ah. Ok, adding them at the last minute might well be the thing to do. Good idea. Thanks.

Methe Sat 05-Oct-13 13:43:19

We always had money in out puddings as kids. They were just boiled and bugged in with the mix. I have no idea why it was done tbh!

newfavouritething Sat 05-Oct-13 13:40:58

Just poke the coin wrapped in clingfilm into the pudding after the microwave.

Threalamandaclarke Thu 03-Oct-13 22:45:00

I did not think about the microwave issue. You have prevented serious Christmas day disaster in the Clarke household grin

You could sterilise a new £1 coin (in boiling water) then wrap in greaseproof paper.
Otherwise the fruits would discolour the coin?

It would have to be steamed not microwaved and you'd need to tell your guests , unless you want a re-inactment of the resturant scene from Mrs Doubtfire grin

Threalamandaclarke Thu 03-Oct-13 07:14:37

I am making a pudding this year. <smug>
I notice that Nigella puts pound coins in hers. Anyone else do this?
I like the idea of them but not sure if it's ok to put a (cleaned) coin directly into the mixture.
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now