Hamper ideas please.

(22 Posts)
Iamsanta Wed 02-Oct-13 21:51:57

This year I would really like to make a special hamper for my DD SEN School support helper. She only started with DD in sept but shes brilliant and I would really like to show my appreciation as she has gone above and beyond to help DD

I would like to spend around £30-£40.

My first and only idea is a Cath kidston mug...

Any ideas what else I could put in, maybe 1 food item? And would like around 6 gifts. She's a lady in her forties but not overly 'girly'.

Cluelessat30 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:54:35

How about some hot chocolate or one of those chocolate 'stirrers' (lump of chocolate on a stick, think you stir it in to hot milk).
Gorgeous scented candle?

makemineapinot Wed 02-Oct-13 21:56:40

Nice notebook for school meetings, fancy pasta, sauce, salad dressings, chocs, bottle of wine...

nogravitarse Wed 02-Oct-13 21:58:27

A tub of Green & Black's cocoa powder (imo the best)?

Was going to say the new Bridget Jones but it will still be in hard-back and so too pricey? Which ever book is top of the paperback best-sellers?

A pair of those opaque tights from M&S that keep you either warm or cool ...

a nice big scarf
hand cream
If she likes tea have a look at 'Tea pigs' they do great tea mixes, my DH loves the chilli tea mix. link
Quality hot chocolate link

Iamsanta Wed 02-Oct-13 22:25:30

Thank you all some really nice ideas. I just want to put some thought into it well your thoughts and make it look special for her.

I was also thinking of putting a small photo of DD in to? Good idea or not?
Maybe a cinema voucher for her and her DD?

Thank you and Please keep your ideas coming.

ohforfoxsake Wed 02-Oct-13 22:30:25

I do 'a quiet night in' - PJs, Whittard hot choc, miniature Baileys (for the hot choc), chocolates, posh crisps, a book or magazine, maybe a face pack/nail varnish. Can all be done cheaply but is thoughtful. (At least I hope it is!)

ballstoit Thu 03-Oct-13 06:58:43

Could your dd draw a picture? A photo might not work, but if dd drew or did handprints or something and you could put it in a little clip frame or fridge magnet frame that would be nice.

My dsis is sen support assistant, last Christmas she got a pair of thermal gloves from the little girl she helps, which she was delighted with for cold playtimes.

Don't know if you've got the mug yet, but if not, perhaps a posh travel mug with lid would be nice, she could use it at school then.

A hamper could then be 'to get you through stressful days' hamper...maybe with nice chocolate, posh cheese and crackers, a scarf, gloves, hand cream, a little coffee cafetiere and ground coffee.

Iamsanta Thu 03-Oct-13 18:17:51

Thank you for all your brilliant ideas, so many ideas and really not sure what to do now!

Chatting with some in work today and they said they would rather receive a £40 gift instead of a hamper. What would you lovely ladies rather receive?

Hamper or special gift?

If gift what would you like to receive? Willing to spend £50 for a special gift. Thanks again

I would prefer the hamper with things I would use, like coffee and chocolates. Rather than a gift that I might not like.

ballstoit Thu 03-Oct-13 20:52:33

I'd prefer the hamper too...lots of little gifts seems like someone's made an effort rather than just thrown money at it.

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Thu 03-Oct-13 21:10:08

I'd prefer a hamper too. Love the gloves idea if she spends time outdoors with your DD!

ohforfoxsake Thu 03-Oct-13 21:40:40

A hamper for sure!

Loving the quiet night in hamper and am going to be making those this Christmas!
What a fab idea

ohforfoxsake Fri 04-Oct-13 20:56:45

Aw thanks :-)

raisah Sun 06-Oct-13 20:18:16

Here is a nice presentation basket to put the gifts in, I have bought 4!

www.homebargains.co.uk/products/5836-christmas-luxury-hamper-basket.aspx

Brandnewmamma Sun 06-Oct-13 20:24:52

You sound lovely.. She will be delighted.. I would go with the hamper.. She won't forget it.

Hand cream would be lovely.

Hat and scarf would be handy for outdoor supervision.

Defo include the mug.

What about a little poem ith her name and each letter .. Write something special about her.. C .. You are caring etc.

Little things like earrings, coasters, heart photoframe.. Would try amazon

roslet Sun 06-Oct-13 20:49:33

That sounds lovely! I was once given a pair of handwarmers to use on playground duties, and I was really chuffed.

FadBook Sun 06-Oct-13 20:56:48

I love all of the ideas. Might do the same for dd's key worker.

I would add that a mug isn't very original. DP is a teacher and he must have been given 30 mugs over the last few years. If you're of the kind that you want a miss/match of mugs in your cupboard then it's fab grin

Iamsanta Sun 06-Oct-13 21:08:15

Thank you all for all your amazing ideas and suggestions.

A hamper it is!

Can't wait to get started now

mamma I'm not sure if I'm 'lovely' but I have come to really appreciate the ones who help DD get through her day by making sure she's happy and learning to the best of her ability. Being called lovely is lovely though and I shall take it. grin

raisah thank you for the link... I've been looking for a nice one and that's perfect. Will also hunt for cellophane and thick ribbon too.

Brandnewmamma Sun 06-Oct-13 21:37:38

Florists will give you cellophane and ribbon.. Maybe they might even wap it for you

Iamsanta Sun 06-Oct-13 21:40:15

That's a good idea, There are several in our local town! Will pop in and ask next time I go. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now