Presents for people who don't want 'things'

(64 Posts)
iheartdusty Sun 29-Sep-13 21:38:21

I'd love to hear your suggestions, as nearly everyone I buy for is in this category now, mostly adults over 40.

Charity gifts/ goats etc are always a possibility, but please add your other ideas!

So far I have come up with:

Magazine subscription.
( eg this new cycling mag on special offer, 3 issues for £5)

Theatre vouchers
National Art pass
Cookery course
Food foraging course

fuzzpig Thu 03-Oct-13 15:34:06

It just occurred to me that DSS (21) might enjoy trying a Segway - wonder if you can get vouchers for that?

GrrArgh Thu 03-Oct-13 15:35:49

Meal out
fine wine (mail order)

Lurleene Thu 03-Oct-13 20:09:37

Fuzzpig there are some Segway gifts to choose from here:

Buy a Gift Segway

fuzzpig Thu 03-Oct-13 20:24:57

Oh that's awesome thank you!

Lurleene Thu 03-Oct-13 20:26:04

I'm already a member of English Heritage and National Trust but recently found out that the Historic Houses Association has loads of properties in my area. Membership could make a nice gift for someone like me who enjoys snooping looking round big houses but has exhausted the local NT / EH ones.

The houses are all privately owned and there are more to choose from than NT and EH put together. Here's the website:

www.hha.org.uk/

Lurleene Thu 03-Oct-13 20:26:52

You're welcome Fuzzpig.

IsleOfRight Thu 03-Oct-13 22:57:21

Thinking about what I would like, I'd like things that I wouldn't think to buy myself but I would def use. Eg I have young kids and we make a lot of fairy cakes. A gift box of nice coloured fairy cake cases and cool sprinkles and a funky food colouring and edible glitter could cost you £15 or less and would be the idea family gift for us. In fact I have just come up with the idea now and am very proud of it - think I will put that together for some of the families I know!

iheartdusty Fri 04-Oct-13 22:29:28

that's a fab idea isleofright

iheartdusty Fri 04-Oct-13 22:31:40

just bought a voucher for the National Gardens scheme open gardens booklet for 2014, so they can open the voucher then the book will be delivered when it's ready.

IceCreamForCrow Fri 04-Oct-13 22:32:58

Amazon vouchers.

shrinkingnora Fri 04-Oct-13 22:54:10

Brewery tour at a local brewery.

iheartdusty Sat 05-Oct-13 20:23:45

calendars are consumable

some nice ones by independent artists here redbubble

or etsy

fuzzpig Sat 05-Oct-13 22:05:13

I actually hate being given calendars or diaries blush people only need one so you risk duplicating, and if it's not one I love, I don't enjoy looking at it every day! I prefer to choose my own [fussy]

Already got my 2014 diary from the Tate, tis gorgeous.

Been thinking more about vouchers for my DSDs, restaurant maybe but also I'm going to see if my local bowling alley does gift vouchers.

iheartdusty Sat 05-Oct-13 22:17:51

shock smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now