Christmas with a newborn

(30 Posts)
Iheartcrunchiebars Thu 26-Sep-13 10:00:43

I'm due in 3 weeks. We've invited 8 people over for Christmas dinner ( they are all 'helpers' and will love being given jobs).

Will this be impossible with a 2 month old baby?

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 27-Sep-13 20:40:52

My DD was born on the 23rd Dec. it was great, I was discharged on Christmas Day and as no one expected me to be home all arrangements were hastily rearranged. It was all a bit slap dash but nobody cared. There is nothing like a baby to make you realise that you have to be flexible.

Best of luck. Enjoy your baby.

WaitingForMe Fri 27-Sep-13 21:24:25

DS was 6 weeks old on Christmas Day and gave us his first smile. He adored the Christmas tree and used to just lie there gazing at it.

I created a plan with everything that needed doing, when it needed doing and a box to tick when it was done. Me, DH and DM just kept checking it and did tasks as needed. Everything was perfectly cooked and hot at the same time. The main thing to remember is that dripping gravy on the baby's head is perfectly fine (just lick it off) and there's no reason for you both to eat at the same time grin

elQuintoConyo Fri 27-Sep-13 21:37:14

DS was 2 weeks old for Christmas, I had parents over from UK (separately, they're divorced), cooked 3 Christmas lunches with no help.
'D'M expected to be waited on hand and foot, didn't hold DS unless I asked her to so I could eat (she'd finished), didn't wash a plate/cup/fork in her wjhole 3-week stay - hell, it took.her ten days of making tea/coffee for herself before she offered us one. Add in colic, tiny flat and DH who works from home = hell.

I'll never have visitors for Christmas again. Hideous.

elQuintoConyo Fri 27-Sep-13 21:39:43

Oh, and terrible foof injuries, I could barely sit/walk/sleep/get in or out of the bath.

DS is 2 this year, Christmas wil be amazing grin

Whereisegg Fri 27-Sep-13 21:48:05

Ds was 3wks on his first Christmas.
It was fine as dp helped with prep then it's just switching stuff on at the right time!

He was bf so I got to sit a lot grin
When he wasn't feeding or sleeping he just threw up quietly in a corner confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now