Christmas Decorations

(16 Posts)
dementedma Sat 21-Sep-13 21:34:05

Mixture of all sorts here. My sis sends us a funky unusual tree decoration every year - from a sparkly very camp Jeremy Fisher in black sequinned tights to a Russian angel from st Petersburg. We try and buy something different each year too and bought a nice bauble in Krakow while on holiday this summer.
Our tree is.......eclectic!

TessTackle Fri 20-Sep-13 17:02:34

I want the tree barrel seen chanie
I defo want to build up a big collection, both sentimental and cheap bits mixed in.

You guys have made me even more excited, I'm off to buy some baubles! smile

chanie44 Fri 20-Sep-13 16:43:10

Mine is a 'free for all' with no theme. You can barely see the tree with all the crap on it.

I get a few new decorations each year and most have memories attached to them. I love my tree.

TessTackle Fri 20-Sep-13 12:10:56

Definitely going to get DD her own tree/ buy her a new decoration each year. Spoke to BFF about starting disney store decoration tradition so hopefully that holds up!

I want to steal borrow a bit of everyone's idea this year!

BeckyBrandon Fri 20-Sep-13 11:23:33

Local garden center normally but last year we got ours from homebase and it was lovely.

We take it in turns to pick a theme, DP did silver and blue, Last year DD did "a christmas elf just threw up in our house" theme... and this year it's my turn, so i'll be doing red and gold.

DD also has her own little tree in her room, which is a hideous fiber optic one, but she loves it

Oldraver Fri 20-Sep-13 09:51:58

I dont have a theme as such but do tend to stick to red green and gold. I have collected decorations over 30 years so dont go with the changing colour/themes. There is the odd different coloured ones and a few DS has made.. I buy from anywhere I see stuff I like, some are 99p cheapies others a tad more.

DS has a tree a friend bought him and has a loose Disney theme. I try and by him a new decoration each year...the fist few years he had cuddly toys now for his tree of some other decoration ie snow globe

kiwik Fri 20-Sep-13 03:10:23

Mine is green, red, white and silver. Plus whatever tat the DSs make at school/nursery.
I have lots of candy canes, popcorn garlands etc on the tree to replace all my beautiful glass icicles that were there pre-DCs.

StupidFlanders Fri 20-Sep-13 01:59:43

The dcs have their own mini tree which we buy a new decoration (each) for that matches their latest obsession(toy story/super heroes/ tv characters etc). We usually find these at the supermarket or hallmark range!

I've bought most of my "good ones" online. Google bethany lowe.

Pintrest will give you ideas (I have a christmas board inspired by mumsnet if you're interested- it's under stupid Flanders)

BeaLola Fri 20-Sep-13 00:57:59

Glass icicles and glass stars with purple are our main colours .....witha few old ones from my childhood added on. Hoping to do two trees this year so it all looks very very festive

TessTackle Thu 19-Sep-13 16:51:05

That's a lovely idea!!

spottymoo Thu 19-Sep-13 16:50:12

My dd and dss have their own little trees in their room we got them when they were both 5&6 (now 11&12) we started off with just a box of colourful decorations for them both to decorate their trees and then every year we take them to buy a new decoration for their trees so when they leave home they'll have a selection of decorations to take with them grin

TessTackle Thu 19-Sep-13 16:29:45

Thanks Marne white tree sounds beautiful! I have a fake "traditional" tree. Have previously done bronze and purple, bronze and silver and now with DD being nearly 3 I want to go more
Traditional this year.

Marne Thu 19-Sep-13 16:22:07

We buy a couple new ones each year, last year we did red and white ( white tree, red white dec's ) and the year before we did traditional red and green, I have quite a lot of decorations which we have collected over the years so we can do different themes so we don't have the same every year. Most of my dec's come from the garden centre and a few from supermarkets and b&q.

TessTackle Thu 19-Sep-13 16:02:40

Sounds lovely spotty

I'm doing all new decs this year. Thinking red white and gold; think all American Christmas with popcorn garlands, the lot!

spottymoo Thu 19-Sep-13 15:50:39

Local garden centre and dobbies all have nice ones I tend to get a few new ones each year to add to my collection.

Theme wise my main tree is glass with gold and green baubles.

The hall way is done in red and green with Nordic style decorations which I got from wilkos.

TessTackle Thu 19-Sep-13 15:11:13

Sorry to start so early; where does everyone get their Christmas tree decorations from? Also what 'theme', if any, do you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now