If you don't open presents until after lunch...

(27 Posts)
Amandine29 Sun 15-Sep-13 11:10:39

...what do you usually do on Christmas morning?

Aside from preparing lunch of course.

loubielou31 Mon 16-Sep-13 16:23:41

Presents were always after lunch when I was little. Stockings and FC presents in the morning, breakfast, church, my Grampy would have to go round all the animals so we'd wait for him to have done that before opening the other presents, after lunch seemed to be the right sort of time.

BeaLola Tue 17-Sep-13 13:24:53

As a child we had stockings inthe morning and then all other presents in afternoon after lunch -only time of year me & my brother rushed to wash up !

As an adult we continued with this except now have a dishwasher and we have to wait fir my DH to wrap up my gifts ! So start unwrapping 5pm plus ....

Last year was our first with our DS who was 5 . We had stockings when he woke up , heplayed with stuff etc whilst we had light breakfast of coffee and croissants , Grandparents arrived at 11 and were playing with Ds and his stocking gifts . We then have champagne cocktails, lunch was finished by around 3 and we sat down with more champagne and then started to unwrap. Biggest gift always left to end. Iwas wilingto change things as didnt expect my son to want to hang around but tbh he was so happy with all the adults around and the christmas music, pop andlovely eats that it worked so we will do the same this year GP willing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now