Christmas eve food suggestions

(29 Posts)
BankerMommy2010 Sun 15-Sep-13 09:26:48

Christmas eve is my favourite day of the year, full of excitement with our little boy, in previous years, weve got our ds into bed then hubby has popped out to collect a takeaway, but seeing as everyone has the same idea the takeaways are normally rammed and you end up with a pile of slop when the chefs can't cope with the rush! So this yearIim thinking of preparing a little spread... but no idea what? Our give ds whatever I know he will eat as I know he'll be too excited to worry about eating food... whats on your xmas eve menu?

Rubybrazilianwax Sun 15-Sep-13 21:45:01

Chilli or something in the slow cooker then everyone takes it when they want. I can't plan times as people are calling in and DH usually has to make little visits locking himself in e garage for some assembly work wink I cook my ham on Christmas Eve so we usually have some of that with bread and nice cheese and chutneys

Cravey Mon 16-Sep-13 17:10:45

I just typed a huge reply and the iPad ate it ! I cook and freeze chicken curry and beef stew with dumplings in November. Then they are reheated etc xmas eve and served with crusty and naan breads. Extended family pile over. Cheesy xmas music goes on. Bottles are opened. And xmas starts there for us.

member Mon 16-Sep-13 17:15:40

I often do a big ham/gammon & cauliflower cheese as the rest of the ham can be used in sandwiches/buffet

SarahAndFuck Mon 16-Sep-13 18:46:22

We usually go to my parents house and they do a buffet type thing.

Christmas eve was my Nana's birthday so when we were little we used to do this at her house. My Mum has carried on the tradition.

If we were at home I'd do a sort of cheese, pate, crackers, humous, salami, chips, dips and crudities type platter we could all pick at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now