Anyone want to discuss xmas present ideas yet?

(48 Posts)
overitalready Mon 09-Sep-13 16:14:27

blush

Campari Mon 09-Sep-13 17:22:38

Is there anyone here who doesnt buy gifts for siblings? I used to get gifts for my 2 younger DBs, but this year I am becoming an aunty for the 1st time (a newborn niece!) and would like to spend the sibling gift cash on her instead, as my SIL is saving for a pram.

So, would it be ok for me to say to DBs..."right, you ungrateful gits....this year you're getting an orange and a tuppence, and your niece is a cute baby so gets cold hard cash..? grin

cantspel Mon 09-Sep-13 17:24:22

Campari we dont buy for siblings anymore. We stopped when we had children and just now buy for the children.

overitalready Mon 09-Sep-13 18:04:03

Love them ideas snow, thanks grin

Mad erm your on your own sorry wink

Campari Mon 09-Sep-13 18:09:14

cantspel
Yes I think thats sensible, this year I will just be getting gifts for DD, DS, DH, niece, and probably something special for DM. Thats it.

MissHC Mon 09-Sep-13 18:11:24

Thanks cantspel, never heard of it haha. Will look into it!

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Sep-13 18:21:56

Hello
We will shortly be moving this to our lovely jingly Xmas topic
<done 90% of my shopping>
<smug emoticon>

AbiRoad Mon 09-Sep-13 18:26:40

My DD is about the same age. She has asked for a desk and swivel chair for her room if that helps. Could you redecorate her bedroom or something? For her birthday she got rollerblades. She most wants an IPad mini but knows she will not get one.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 09-Sep-13 18:36:38

Dd is 12. I'm planning on getting her a Primark voucher, an iTunes voucher, some stationery, a fox satchel, some earrings and a tabletop electric drum thingy and Despicable Me 2.

Sil, smellies from Lush.
Dad, a book that I think he'll like.
My mum will tell me what she wants.
My mil will get some sort of smellies box set.

No idea what to get dh, my brother or a 7yo nephew.

Lego are launching Minecraft sets. DS nearly wet himself when I told him .. that's his list sorted!

overitalready Mon 09-Sep-13 19:32:03

Oh i got a HQ message wink

Would love to decorate her room
but we rent so were very limited on what we can do hmm

I love that list, despicable me has gone on mine

thanks everyone smile

VivaLeBeaver Mon 09-Sep-13 20:32:56

Oooh, I've just ordered dd a minecraft Lego set. I didn't know they did them, she loves Lego and minecraft.

Eddas Mon 09-Sep-13 21:00:00

My dd (will be 9.5 at christmas) was saying she didn't like her ceiling lightshade anymore so I thought I might get her a new one for christmas <<tightarse>> perhaps decorating the room could be new duvet set, rug, lamp, curtains... that sort of thing rather than painting walls?

VoldemortsNipple Mon 09-Sep-13 22:21:36

Ds1 and 2 are getting the new Xbox One between them and a game each. I will also get them a few extras like the chill factor slushy cup which ds2 will love

DD is 17, so will get mainly makeup, ghd's and bath/body products.
Dsis has £67 worth of Elemis products for £11 thanks to the bargain thread
Dbro kindly puts all kinds of weird and wonderful things on his Amazon wishlist, so I will just pick him something from that.
Dnieces are also sorted with a selection of Squinkies and Zhu Zhu puppies curtisy of the bargain thread
I'm still searching for the bargains for dnephews.
And dh is the most awkward to buy for, so I haven't got a clue.

toffeelolly Tue 10-Sep-13 10:51:35

Well my ds1 all he wants is spongebob toys ( spongebob mad ) he also likes Lego , but he already has got so much Lego. ds2 loves trains, so thinking of getting him the Lego train track, along with other electric train sets, he is quite easy to buy for. And then dd just wants everything she sees, she is getting more syvanian stuff also Lego friends, she had also just informed me she wants a guitar, oh and she also is getting a reborn which she does not know about. It is just so hard to know what to get them, I find it much harder knowing what to get ds1 he is more a gadget child, computor mad and spongebob mad.smile smile

fuzzpig Tue 10-Sep-13 12:20:15

I love these threads! The only problem is they sometimes result in me buying too many presents. I am refusing to look at the Bargain threads this year for this very reason blush

fuzzpig Tue 10-Sep-13 13:21:38

I got Spongebob Lego for DD's birthday this year, toffee (it was cheaper when I bought it though)

toffeelolly Tue 10-Sep-13 14:25:40

Yes fuzzpig got him some spongebob lego

jellyspoon1 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:17:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

3bunnies Thu 07-Nov-13 18:57:15

Would she like a basic sewing machine - John Lewis do one for just under 50 - dd1 is nearly 9 and enjoys mine.

Stevie77 Thu 07-Nov-13 20:20:15

We have no idea what to get DD who's 4.

Thought Furby but once found out they don't shut up have decided against, Kiddizoom camera (or whatever it's called) but it seems rubbish quality so won't bother. So we're stuck. Have asked her but she has no idea.

She's already getting 2 Disney DVDs and a a couple of new books so need one more thing, a toy. It was her birthday last month so she got everything she's wanted.

Already has Lalaloopsy house, dolls & remote control car. Would have got some furniture for the house but can't se to find any? Has all arts and craft stuff, lots of puzzles and other games, basically she's got everything!

drawohamme Thu 07-Nov-13 21:39:37

Christmas gifts for 6 month old

Very few of my family or friends know much about babies and they're all asking what they can buy DS. I have no clue either and with all the choice out there Christmas seems like a really good opportunity to waste a lot of money. Can anyone give me any recommendations?

Thank you!

drawohamme Thu 07-Nov-13 21:40:23

Oops posted in wrong place - sorry!

jester68 Fri 08-Nov-13 10:30:30

DD1 aged 7 is getting: Bike with helmet and bell.
Then some moshi monster stuff
DVDs and books
Necklace and bracelet
One direction fleece blanket
Arts and crafts

DD2 aged 3 is getting:
DJ mickey mouse
Selection of zhu zhu ztuff
Books and DVDs
Thomas tank engine toy
Hello kitty fleece blanket.
Arts and crafts

Also Xmas eve hamper of new pyjamas, the snowman DVD and the poloar express DVD, bubble bath, bath crayons and Christmas story. Plus some hot chocolate mixes and some nibbles to eat while watching the DVDs.

We always have a lazy day on Christmas day just the 4 of us. But will buy them something nice to wear on boxing day when we host for lots of family!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now