Babys first Christmas

(8 Posts)
AlisonL1981 Sun 08-Sep-13 10:34:22

Hi, my ds will be 9 months at Christmas (7 months corrected) and I wondered how much he'll be able to appreciate and understand.

Would he be old enough for a stocking? And what type if things would I put in it?

I've brought a couple of big toys already from Costco but my partner says ds won't know it's Christmas so don't bother with loads of stuff.

I don't want to go overboard but I want to do enough so we, at least remember his first Christmas.

PoppyWearer Sun 08-Sep-13 10:39:35

You can do a stocking with little bits and pieces. When my DCs were babies (both were younger than yours at Christmas) I filled their stockings with things like musical instruments (maracas and shakers) and bath toys. Don't bother wrapping anything in the stocking.

A couple of big toys otherwise sounds like plenty!

ShoeJunkie Sun 08-Sep-13 10:44:13

I did a stocking last year for DS who was 10 months, more for my benefit than his!
He had socks, a couple of t-shirts, some bubbles, a bath toy and a musical instrument. I did put chocolate coins in (obligatory in any stocking in our family!) but I helped him out with those! We have some cute pics of him surrounded by wrapping paper looking slightly bewildered!
My DM also bought some 'first Christmas' pjs and a present bag with his name on.

ratbagcatbag Sun 08-Sep-13 13:12:25

Ooooooh, my dd will be nine months at Christmas, I know she won't know, but I will, and I don't want a small amount on all the pics compared to her 15 yo brother.

I'm soooooooooo excited. grin what big bits have you got?

Hobbes8 Sun 08-Sep-13 13:22:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hobbes8 Sun 08-Sep-13 13:24:12

I have no idea what happened to my post there. Sorry!

Mumof3xx Sun 08-Sep-13 13:25:19

What happened there lol

Mumof3xx Sun 08-Sep-13 13:26:26

My dd will be nearly 9 months at Xmas

So far she has -

A first dolly
Pram walker
Sit and stand giraffe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now