Absolutely no idea what to get DS

(10 Posts)
DTisMYdoctor Sun 08-Sep-13 22:50:27

DS is a similar age and enjoys playmobil - not babyish at all. He's more into lego though. Magic set? Science set? I started a thread on ideas for DS the other week and got several suggestions - can't link from app, but should be easy to find.

Aldwick Sun 08-Sep-13 10:59:05

Geomag and mobilo are very popular round here. Nerf gun, joke set and swing ball were also popular birthday presents and board games like guess who/draughts/connect 4 etc.

wheretoyougonow Sun 08-Sep-13 10:55:34

My son loves the imaginext castle. It is very sturdy and has figures that can interact with it. I'm sure Argos has it on sale at the moment.

Kinect Sun 08-Sep-13 10:51:17

If you do go for Playmobil, check out their website / get a catalogue off them. They sell a lot more stuff than you see on ToysRus etc. You can see all themes and choose something your son will like. Most themes have a big piece, a not so big piece and lots of smaller sets. We find the more the you have of one theme, the better the play.

The catalogue / websites also has the 'extras', like the motors for the boats.

The age range differs for the themes too, the City Action is 4- 10, where as Top Agents and Future Planet are 7-12. Obviously they are only guidelines, but it shows it's not 'babyish'.

PM is a huge hit in this house smile

fuzzpig Sun 08-Sep-13 10:09:05

I got the pyramid from toys r us, not sure if the deal (£40) is still on though.

Playmobil is perfect, my friend has two boys 8 and 10 yo who still play with theirs so not too babyish!

Crutchlow35 Sun 08-Sep-13 10:02:35

Ok. Thanks. I pondered over the pyramid last year as I am sure somewhere had a really good deal on it. Will start looking. Thanks.

MortifiedAdams Sun 08-Sep-13 10:00:05

Yy to PLaymobil!

fuzzpig Sun 08-Sep-13 09:59:29

Playmobil is brilliant, I imagine my DCs will be playing with it for years as it is very detailed and not babyish IMO (apart from the 1-2-3 range which is for toddlers).

Last Xmas we got them a castle, this year they are getting a pyramid (possibly along with some other ancient Egypt related stuff)

Crutchlow35 Sun 08-Sep-13 09:56:35

Who will be 5 and a half.

He got a new bike for his birthday. DS last year.

He doesn't really play with his Lego although I hope that will come. He has a scooter and a trampoline. We try to give toys and family usually give clothes

The only thing he really wants is an iron man costume so will get him that but what do your 5/6 year old boys like?

He likes imagine st batman stuff so I wonder if playmobil might be good or is that too babyish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now