dvd recommendations please!

(10 Posts)

Have seen despicable me 2 will be released before Christmas. That will be great for dd1. Not got my finger on pulse of this year's films so after some suggestions for dd2 who will be nearly 7 and ds who will be 4. Dd2 enjoys films including Narnia, Matilda, fairy stuff - though not sure how long this will last and ds definitely doesn't like them. Ds loves Madagascar though getting 3 for birthday, he would probably enjoy almost anything but would be nice if had something the others will tolerate.

Zeeky Fri 06-Sep-13 21:28:54

Rise of the Guardians? Got a Christmas element to it. Mine love it (6 & 3.5). I think it was the big Christmas cinema film last year.

Oh will look at that. Doesn't need to have Christmas theme - I just usually get one dvd for each of them and they have the annual fight to watch theirs first!

Noggie Fri 06-Sep-13 21:35:41

Ratatouille ? Pippi long stocking?

Zeeky Fri 06-Sep-13 21:43:09

Wreck it Ralph?

Monsters University will be out too. I LOVED it at the cinema recently. Will def. be getting it for my two, just not sure I'll be able to wait until Christmas!

They have (and still love ratatouille), they weren't fussed about Monsters Inc. Will look at the other two. Rise of Guardians might suit dd2 - ds not too fussy- as long as is a 'boy film' - my fall back for him is cars 2, dd2 is the one to impress!

(A wide range of films are 'boy films' but this does not include dd2's 12 dancing princesses!)

hippoherostandinghere Sat 07-Sep-13 11:33:37

My DS 4 loves wreck it Ralph and Rise of the Guardians. He also loves the Phineas and Fern film.

hippoherostandinghere Sat 07-Sep-13 11:34:09

*Ferb

smurfs 2 comes out before Christmas. so does cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 and the croods

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now