Christmas jumpers

(18 Posts)
nimbs Fri 06-Sep-13 13:02:59

Having a mooch around town this morning and spotted Primark have got their Christmas jumpers in, for £12 - they sold out way before Christmas last year so grab whilst you can.

Snoot Fri 06-Sep-13 13:19:52

What do they look like?

nimbs Fri 06-Sep-13 16:00:36

the ones I saw had big robins/reindeer on more comical than traditional Norwegian ones

jamtoast12 Fri 06-Sep-13 17:39:57

SuperDry had lovely Finnish style jumpers last year but they were pricey for limited wear...about £45 ...gorgeous though!

everydayaschoolday Fri 06-Sep-13 22:54:00

thank you for this tip. I looked for these last year, but they were all so expensive.

Fat face has some lovely fairisle jumpers in but again £40 so expensive.

DH refused to wear his fugly jumper purchased for him from Primark last year grin

Zeeky Sat 07-Sep-13 08:29:14

I have an urge to get us all a Christmas jumper from primark this year and have a cheesy photo taken for our Christmas cards, like you see in America from 70s/80s!

Rubybrazilianwax Sat 07-Sep-13 10:00:42

Zeeky, I am seriously considering that too lol

Snoot Sat 07-Sep-13 14:06:42

Are the Primark ones some horrid, sweaty, man made material? I'd have to brave the next town along which is, ahem, not entirely fancy, to access a Primani and I'm not going for polyester! grin

I was in Primark today, they had a load of them (and mens ones too)

I was very taken with a long black jumper that had "Happy Holly Days" because my DD is called Holly. She had a "What about me says I'd wear that jumper. Mother" look on her face grin

But they had some patterned leggings (that she wants as PJ bottoms with a plain top)

Some nice 'Nordic' looking jumpers
And I got a grey shirt with tiny snowmen for my DS (who'll be 14) He would rather go nekkid than wear a Christmas jumper.

Marne Sat 14-Sep-13 21:30:38

We bought them last year from Primark, might have to go in and try and go there this week and get a 'happy Holly days' one (dd1 is Holly and would find it very funny).

nickdrakeslovechild Sat 14-Sep-13 21:34:59

I saw them today, the penguin one is lovely and more wintery than christmas. So I got that one.
The ones they did last year were sooooo much nicer. The happy Holly days is nice but more of a jumper dress (well on me anyway, but I am short) and those leggings are nice.

The Happy Holly Days one is quite nice I think.
Black with red and green.
A touch of sequins.
Nice and sift.
And on my DD it would be a dress.
I think I'll buy it for her anyway. I think she was just hiding how much she liked it wink

soft not sift

mumtoone1 Sat 14-Sep-13 22:46:07

The ones i saw in Primark yesterday were mens and very suttle, isle fairle (?spelling) type. Navy with reindeer. Very similar to the superdry ones and only £12. Going to try and get a couple on monday for my DH and brother before they go. They were lovely. Not cheesy like the ones I saw last year with massive reindeers or snowmen lol

I liked the nordic ones- unleash my inner that-dark-haired-woman-from-The-Killing- type-

without having to learn Danish grin

cheekycherryza Sun 15-Sep-13 12:25:58

My jumpers have all seen better days so I think I might indulge and get myself one come pay day!

Have got to get DD one too - was thinking of asking her nan who's 19 year old cat just died to knit her a couple of jumpers to keep her hands and mind busy. If I can find the patterns online I will ask.

tanya1312 Tue 17-Sep-13 18:22:03

Got Christmas jumpers today from primark. I got the black happy holly days one and got dd the red one with reindeer wearing a scarf, think i may have to go back for the leggings lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now