Mine Craft- Anybody got kids obsessed with it?

(40 Posts)
ELR Fri 06-Sep-13 10:22:32

My son just loves this, just ordered a few bits from amazon but quite expensive. Does anyone know where you can get it cheaper.

jellyspoon1 Thu 07-Nov-13 17:59:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ELR Sat 19-Oct-13 15:05:37

Just bought the t shirt from Argos now it's back in stock but up to £9.99 but still a good price.

enderwoman Sun 06-Oct-13 13:20:27

Great price for the creeper T-shirts!! Shame that they don't do bigger sizes for kids.

enderwoman Sun 06-Oct-13 13:19:17

Minecraft is for PC, iOS, Xbox360 or Android.

DitsyDonkey Sun 06-Oct-13 13:15:59

Can you get minecraft for the ds or wii?

ChippyMinton Sun 06-Oct-13 12:57:45

I bought the Argos creeper t-shirts for birthdays and they went down well.

LauraChant Sun 06-Oct-13 10:30:20

My mum said she had found a Minecraft board game in Sainsbury's. We were all excited until it turned out she meant Angry Birds...

derektheladyhamster Sun 06-Oct-13 10:28:16

I got 2 minecraft annuals for £6 from the book people. They look great, my 2 (13 and 10) have been playing it for years, DH had a look at the books and said they looked good.

enderwoman Sun 06-Oct-13 10:24:44

Bump in the hope that someone has found more MC stuff

ELR Thu 26-Sep-13 13:06:35

Just giving this a little bump now there is more traffic on the Christmas boards!

TooWetToWoo Mon 16-Sep-13 21:41:33

Thanks for the Boots photo mug link NeverQuiteSure thanks managed to get DS1 a mug with this picture which seemed to take the best after lots of fiddling, with his name underneath for 2.99 inc. delivery smile

buildingmycorestrength Mon 16-Sep-13 17:14:20

Someone on another thread mentioned that they were going to knit (?) a Minecraft scarf for their son.

I am considering getting my sister to crochet something... she is brilliant at that kind of thing and takes commissions, so she might be able to make a little cuddly creeper or something.

chimchar Sat 14-Sep-13 21:37:32

Brilliant thread!

Another with a house full of minecrafters!

HoneyDragon Sat 14-Sep-13 21:35:33

I have just set up a sever for ds and his friends to play on safely. We went "Live" last night (ie got his best mate on at his house to log on first) so had them all on speaker phone.

The cheering and whooping when they logged on was awesome. I felt like one of those NASA dudes when they get a robot on Mars <<preens>>

Thanks for t-shirt link being looking for one under £15 for ages.

mumtoone1 Sat 14-Sep-13 21:29:04

Theres a minecraft for dummies book on Amazon for round about £6.00 that has great reviews...

Oooooo... just catching up on the Christmas bargains forum and someone linked to this 5 magic photo mug offer. Not sure what the delivery charge is, but it looks like good fun. I don't think my DS has his milk/hot choc warm enough for it to work, but would work for older children who have their drinks hot.

I shall be using this Boots 1 photo mug offer for DS's mug. Not sure if you can use the offer more than once Ruby, but I'm sure you have friends and family whose names you could register under <sneaky>

I love the beanie hat on your link building. DS, although young, has a HUMONGOUS head, so it may well fit.

buildingmycorestrength Sat 14-Sep-13 19:29:42

Minecraft merch on FP. Trying link again.

buildingmycorestrength Sat 14-Sep-13 19:28:57

[[ http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8020_7711. Minecraft merch on Forbidden Planet]]

Like I said, not cheap.

buildingmycorestrength Sat 14-Sep-13 19:24:12

Am glad people are coming up with some ideas! I saw some MC stuff in Forbidden Planet the other day, will see if I can find a link. Not cheap, though.

Rubybrazilianwax Sat 14-Sep-13 18:41:20

Have 4 mine crafts addicts. I love the idea of something personalised with a screenshot of their worlds! Genius neverquitesure I will be stealing that thank you! Have you Sussed anywhere that does mugs cheap?
I posted on the bargains thread that there are some Minecraft lego sets on eBay, which are new and £10 cheaper than anywhere else

StaticSockMonster Sat 14-Sep-13 10:33:52

My 9 year old is obsessed with this game.
I don't have the faintest idea what he is on about.
Watching with interest in the hope to find something that he will like for Christmas!

Marking place smile

Marne Fri 13-Sep-13 17:03:58

Dd1 loves minecraft so will watching this thread for ideas smile

enderwoman Fri 13-Sep-13 13:36:01

As this is the Christmas forum, I thought Id let everyone know that my kids love the YouTube parody 12 Days Od Minecraft

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now