What are you getting your 6yo dd?

(47 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Sep-13 20:13:01

So far she has asked for an experiment set and some lush bath bombs...

christinarossetti Mon 02-Sep-13 20:14:57

She wants a skate board, and has been pretty consistent about this, though i'm somewhat fearful of the trips to a & e .

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Sep-13 20:16:38

I'd get her one. Am pretty relaxed about falls but think once you've coped with CPR you know you can handle most things grin

gintastic Mon 02-Sep-13 20:17:49

She's mad about bugs and insects of all kinds so my over-the-road neighbour is making her a state of the art bug house :-)

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Sep-13 21:15:48

That sounds great gin smile

jamtoast12 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:48:47

Lego friends for dd8&6

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Sep-13 22:05:38

She had some lego friends for her birthday, DS put the lego together and she's played with it for about 5 mins. Don't think she'll be getting anymore...smile

jamtoast12 Mon 02-Sep-13 22:08:43

Both of mine love design a friend from argos... You can get them school uniforms from eBay!

ShowOfHands Mon 02-Sep-13 22:11:09

An axolotl. grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Sep-13 22:27:34

Really show? Think she might actually like that smile

Jellypudmum Mon 02-Sep-13 22:31:25

Just googled axolotl n got that weird shivery feeling; you're braver than me!!

May I suggest a glitzi globe kit? I bought it for my ds, who loved it and didn't care that it was pink. He keeps the little globes on his windowsill. It's really easy to use and it actually WORKS which is rare with craft type kits I find.

I'm getting one for my goddaughter for Christmas (she will be 5 and a half).

AllabouttheE Mon 02-Sep-13 22:40:51

Mine wants a furby. To go with the furby app we downloaded. Do you think they will go up in price in run up to Christmas?

Is it a new furby boom or one from last year?

toffeelolly Mon 02-Sep-13 23:40:34

My dd has just informed me she wants a guitar , trying to put her off it but is not working,lol.

AllabouttheE Tue 03-Sep-13 08:28:25

Furby boom
Currently £65-70. What did normal furbys cost last year??

AllabouttheE Tue 03-Sep-13 08:31:50

Toffeelolly
you need one of these

i was thinking lego friends, havent thought about it much though so will steal ideas

MortifiedAdams Tue 03-Sep-13 08:39:06

Hamma beads?

Normal furbys were £60 last year but are now £35-40ish.

AllabouttheE Tue 03-Sep-13 08:50:42

Well this thread prompted me to make a decision so I bought the furby boom

£59.99 Argos
£74.99 Amazon.

I shall smugly hope prices rise towards December and desperately hope DD doesn't change her mind.

Dd is 7 the week before Christmas. She wants a CD player for her bedroom and a 'proper' camera to replace the kiddizoom which doesn't really take useable pictures. She is rubbish at playing with toys so I'm inclined to get her what she's asked for as she will get a lot of use out of them.

Any recommendations for either that are good value and indestructible much appreciated!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 03-Sep-13 10:14:51

toffee does she want an acoustic or an electric? There are a few 7yo at our school with acoustics as one of the teachers runs a guitar club. I'd be inclined to get her a decent one, the kiddy toy type ones are just not worth bothering with.

IHeart I would get her a proper camera. My dn had one from that age with a case and was fine. How about something like this?

fuzzpig Tue 03-Sep-13 11:46:21

Main presents are to share with her 4yo brother as they pretty much play with all the same stuff!:
Playmobil pyramid (main present from Santa)
Lego bricks/wheels etc to boost their collection
Bit box of craft stuff (lots from haberdashers as she loves making dresses for her dolls)

Hopefully also getting a framed poster of her favourite painting (Starry Starry Night by Van Gogh) which will be hung up by Santa rather than wrapped grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 03-Sep-13 15:00:19

Well just made a start on the stocking fillers. Sainsburys have a notebook with a padlock and key for £1.79. Think she will like that. Will look at science sets online later.

Are onesies still in or are they "just so last year mum"? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now