Visit Father Christmas in Lapland, is it worth the money?

(28 Posts)
Katnisscupcake Thu 29-Aug-13 10:29:33

I am on the website looking at prices to see Father Christmas in Lapland.

DD has just turned 4 so I'm trying to decide the following:

- Do we do it this year (we have enough money in our savings to do it and could really knuckle down and budget and save enough without dipping into the savings if we really want to). If we do, it would be the one day trip totalling £1407 including a flight from a local airport.

- Do we do it next year (my 40th is in June so it would be part of my birthday present aswell) and pay twice as much but for a 4 day visit.

If you've done either, can you tell me whether it's all worth it?

DH has to work all over Xmas so that may sway our decision, one day (a Saturday) this year might be Ok, but he would struggle to swing 4 days (either this year or next...).

AbiRoad Thu 26-Sep-13 10:05:45

I think 4 is too young. It was really really cold when we were there and some of the littler ones were crying with cold even with all the gear.

We did the 1 day trip and I am in 2 minds if we should have done longer. The problem we had was that our flight was delayed due to weather so it was a rush to get everything done in the time (although they did delay the flight back) and it was dark pretty much the whole time we were there. On the other hand, when i looked at the itinerary for the longer trip, there was not much on it that we did not do on our 1 day trip, so I suspect there woudl have been quite a lot of hanging around.

schilke Thu 26-Sep-13 10:22:09

I would love to do this, but I have reservations....we are vegetarian and have 2 gluten free people - dh & ds2. I would be worried there was nothing for them to eat and that generally the veggie option (if there is one will be rubbish). Could you tell me what the food is like?

redcaryellowcar Thu 26-Sep-13 11:12:26

I am so excited to read this, ds is only 2.2 and dc2 due to arrive next march so we are a few years from going, and not sure I can justify going on my own! Am noting down your tips though and will be hoping to go when dc2 is old enough, points on thermals noted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now