Dairy free Advent Calendar- what shops sell them?

(29 Posts)
Iwantacat Tue 27-Aug-13 20:36:00

I would like to take DD to buy her advent calendar at the end of November and just wondering if anyone knows which shop sells them? If any shop do. Online, anyone found nice ones for children?

LentilAsAnything Tue 27-Aug-13 20:39:13

I'm pretty sure Sainsburys, and probably most supermarkets, do them, or just look on the vegan online stores and have the elf bring it!
We avoid dairy, I have bought a reusable wooden advent calendar that I fill up with various non-dairy treats.

AuntPepita Tue 27-Aug-13 20:44:03

Asda had them last year

Iwantacat Tue 27-Aug-13 20:45:38

Thanks lentil
We have a wooden one and always used it but this year I just wanted to take her to a shop and buy one together that she can choose...although there probably won't be much choice. She has Crohn's and misses out on so much as it is when it comes to food.

Iwantacat Tue 27-Aug-13 20:46:31

aunt thanks

Cross post. Do you remember which ones? We're they child friendly?

We bought my Dad some dairy free Moo chocolate last Christmas and it was pretty nice, they do one Moo

thereinmadnesslies Tue 27-Aug-13 20:51:04

Last year Waitrose stocked Moo Free advent calendars and Moo Free Santa shapes. If you call waitrose nearer the time they can tell you what branches stock them.

Iwantacat Tue 27-Aug-13 20:54:18

Thank you all, feel so much more positive now! grin

who there the moo ones look perfect, also gluten free and looks child friendly too.

Honeymoonmummy Tue 27-Aug-13 20:57:02

We had a plamil one last year

thereinmadnesslies Tue 27-Aug-13 20:57:44

I really like the moo free choc, its sweeter than most dairy free choc and the advent calendar had nice child friendly pics behind each door.

If you can't find them in a shop, I've ordered online from goodness direct in the past.

thereinmadnesslies Tue 27-Aug-13 20:59:16

www.moofreechocolates.com/dairy-free-chocolate/stockists/uk-high-street-retailers.php list of stockists

earlyriser Tue 27-Aug-13 21:25:53

One year oxfam had divine plain choc advent calendars, might be worth a look too.

Iwantacat Tue 27-Aug-13 21:45:10

Thank you, lots of ideas.

ShakeAndVac Tue 27-Aug-13 23:35:50

Being intolerant to dairy myself, I often find it a challenge to find a non dairy advent calendar (yes, that's right, I still like one even at my age grin )
Last year I found a great selection in WH Smiths.

ShakeAndVac Tue 27-Aug-13 23:37:30

Sorry, forgot to add, the one I had didn't have anything behind the doors in the way of chocolate or sweets, it was just Christmassy themed family friendly jokes. You could also get ones with Christmas scenes, smile

issyfree Mon 04-Nov-13 16:27:09

I just bought ours plus a dairy free santa from www.goodnessgoodies.co.uk postage reasonable although I live locally so was able to collect from them. If you are in Forest Hill, SE London, you could do same. Hope that helps.

Sheeparefluffy Mon 04-Nov-13 21:15:53

Thank you, just ordered.

MARGUERITE18 Mon 04-Nov-13 23:19:39

holland and barrat

Nix01 Tue 05-Nov-13 09:39:59

There are some in the freefrom section at sainsburys

SuzHA Tue 05-Nov-13 17:14:29

Hi, You can also get them at www.freefromforkids.co.uk and they have chocolate santas too. Hope that helps.

nanna2the4littleones Thu 14-Nov-13 19:18:41

Holland and Barrett do a great dairy free advent calendar for just £3.19 !!
They also have an excellent selection of dairy free christmas treats.

Giraffeski Tue 19-Nov-13 20:59:22

I saw them in Holland and Barrett too today, and their Booja Booja chocs are much cheaper than Ocado!

Pancakeflipper Tue 19-Nov-13 21:01:06

I also saw them in H&B.

TheOod Tue 19-Nov-13 21:17:10

The Moo ones say rice milk, are they still ok for little ones? Ds is too little for one at the moment but planning ahead.

TheOod Tue 19-Nov-13 21:19:15

Got excited about cheap booja booja then but they're dearer than our local shop.

Simply dark was linked from here the other day for chocolate buttons. They are lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now