What 'big' present are you getting DC?

(90 Posts)
CircassianLeyla Sun 25-Aug-13 16:07:08

If you do big presents, at all. We don't every year but this year we are getting:

DS1 (7) table football
DS3 (2) kitchen

Really struggling with DS2 (5).

They also all have birthdays very soon after Christmas.

We also know that DS1 and DS2 would like bikes, but we have no where to store although if I could guarantee we would go out on them they would be a good choice.

DS2 like sciencey things, nature and superheroes. I have thought about making him a boxful of bits tailored to his interests but I think at 5/6 he is just going to see a massive football table and think he hasn't got sonething like his brothers. He also is desperate to learn to play the guitar and would be made up with one but without having lessons first I am reluctant.

Anyway what are you all planning so I can get some inspiration or do you have any suggestions?

lade Mon 26-Aug-13 18:18:04

We're getting our DDS (who will be 10 and 7 by then) new ipod touches.

They have got second hand ones, which we bought for £50 second hand and they've had them a couple of years now and proved themselves trustworthy with looking after and respecting them. But they're 1st and 2nd generation so many of the latest games just won't load on there any more. They work, they're just too old.

So we've bough some 4th Gen ones. They were reduced to £150 (+ £10 cashback) in Argos for the 32GB. These will have a good 3 years in them before they need replacing and will keep the DDs happy.

Other than that, DD1 will get ballet stuff (she starts festival dancing next week, so I'm sure she'll need some kit by Christmas) and DD2 will have a CD player that has got an ipod dock to keep her ipod in and charge it.

My parents are buying them a 2 day taster session at a local PGL camp (£100 for one night / two days) and that's all. Just little bits after that.

fuzzpig Mon 26-Aug-13 18:57:10

I think the main present from us (as opposed to Santa) will be a craft station type thing. I like those towers with drawers in (companies like Really Useful Box people do them) - if I could get one that fits under our living room table, that would be ideal. I would fill it with loads of different papers, glitter, glue, feathers, sequins, beads, and any ribbon/button/fabric remnants I can get from the haberdashers (DD loves making dresses for her dolls - I think in a couple of years a sewing machine will be in order, so I'd better start saving confused)

RhondaJean Brazil Mon 26-Aug-13 21:55:48

Dd1will be 14 two days after Xmas, she's getting an electric guitar and all the things you need for it.

Dd2 is getting a tablet - either an iPod touch or a kindle fire hd, or she has asked for the monster high tablet but I will need to compare specs, and the monster high school.

I over buy drastically for Christmas for both of them and for DH (35) who is getting the new Bose sound dock with lightning adaptor for his iPhone as his main present, but none of them ever ask for that much.

Kinect Mon 26-Aug-13 22:20:25

fuzzpig Ikea have started selling a sewing machine for £45 wink

DD will be 4.5.

The elf will leave PJ's Xmas Eve. He also brings decorations, DVD's, books & craft stuff in the run up.

Main present is the Playmobil Pirate set up, the ship, the island and dungeon. Maybe one of the smaller boats if I find one cheap enough.

She's also got Disney Cars / Planes diecasts, some fancy dress outfits and extra bits for her wooden railway for her stocking.

CircassianLeyla Tue 27-Aug-13 07:01:38

I would like to say that this is the most successf thread I have ever started. Chuffed <<I am sad>>

Great ideas floating about.

fuzzpig Tue 27-Aug-13 08:56:24

Thanks kinect smile

LegoAcupuncture Tue 27-Aug-13 09:03:05

Fuzz, ikea also sell this which my neice who likes designing clothes has, and adores doing her outfits for the next day on.

My c all want electrical things, I'm not keen on the idea so tying to persuade them all they want bikes.

Lilicat1013 Wed 28-Aug-13 20:43:22

My older son who will be 3 years 8 months at Christmas will be having the Leappad 2 with the Crayola game and the Exploring Oceans game.

My little one who will be 10 months is having a vTech baby walker.

Lampshadeofdoom Wed 28-Aug-13 20:54:42

Dd wants either new Samsung tablet or 3dsxl with animal bloody crossing.

I'm reluctant to buy the 3ds as she doesn't use the dsixl we have and she only wants it for animal crossing.

WeAllHaveWings Wed 28-Aug-13 21:03:51

ds(9) will be nearly 10 by Xmas, he's been asking for an xbox for last 2 years, have managed to put him off with stunt scooters and an ipod before but think this will be the year he gets it.

Wibblytummy Wed 28-Aug-13 21:07:29

Ooh there are some fantastic ideas on this thread. I was just starting to ponder Christmas for my DS (2.4) and DD who arrives in a few weeks. I think a table for the Brio train set would make my DS's dreams come true as he gets so frustrated with it falling over all the time on the carpet. I would just need to cull some other toys to make the space! No idea what to get a 3month old for Christmas though seeing as she has inherited all her brothers baby toys...

Shinyshoes1 Wed 28-Aug-13 21:48:39

Ds1 the new Dr Dre beats speakers and Nike hightop trainers
Ds2 blackberry phone
Dd1 scooter that lights up

They have other stuff too but this is their big presents

JollyHappyGiant Thu 29-Aug-13 08:15:57

Wibbly we are the same. DD is a week old and DS is 2.4. Had a brain wave after reading this thread though and decided to get them a sand pit to share.

Wibblytummy Thu 29-Aug-13 15:24:08

Oh JollyHappyGiant congratulations! I'll be picking your brains at how you coped with your new arrival and toddler! smile
We did the sandpit for DS's birthday! He absolutely adores it and is out there most days. I approached DS about what toys we could get out of the playroom today in my mental preparation of a Brio train table. All he was prepared to part with was some linked teething rings he found in one tub... hmm I may have to rethink my present.

Disney Infinity between then with a triple character pack I think

DD1 - no clue hmm
DD2 - probably Playmobil, she has been coveting the new hotel but it's really expensive sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now