Can anyone recomend books or presents for a 'Sheldon'

(21 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Sun 18-Aug-13 14:36:28

My BIL is scientist and very similar to Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang theory,

I on the other hand am a simpleton like penny, but would like to get him an interesting present such as a book on say next he might be interested in.

Any suggestions?

DianaTrent Sun 18-Aug-13 17:33:00

Hard to suggest a book without knowing his area of interest and what he might already have, however for unique items of interest to a geeky type you may well find lots of inspiration here: Etsy geekery .

Slainte Sun 18-Aug-13 18:16:13

I bought this and this for my similar sounding BIL.

edam Sun 18-Aug-13 18:21:34

Is he into sci fi and comics like Sheldon too?

If so, Forbidden Planet is your friend.

MadeOfStarDust Sun 18-Aug-13 18:24:49

HMV do a " Bazinga! " T-shirt... wink

CoTananat Sun 18-Aug-13 18:27:04

I'd get him a Raspberry Pi. IME they always go down well (with geeks, that is, I wouldn't get one for my MIL).

BigBrassBand Sun 18-Aug-13 18:50:07

Geeky DH suggests "a really high tech kite"

buildingmycorestrength Sun 18-Aug-13 19:15:02

If he likes sci-fi then Hugh Howey's 'Wool' books are amazing. Newish too.

I have a husband and brother who are v geeky. Rubik's cubes and various accessories go down well. Found the 'Geek's Cookbook' was a hit with my bro and I'm considering getting him an "Obsessives's Chopping Board.' Both Amazon.

I always get my brother something to do with the zombie apocalypse too...like a survival blanket or boiler suit from the pound shop.

Star Wars t-shirts are always good. I think the Cafe Press website is going to get a lot of business from me this year...they have a whole Geek section. grin.

NatashaBee Sun 18-Aug-13 19:19:59

There's lots of geeky stuff on firebox.com. I agree a Raspberry Pi is a good idea.

lunar1 Sun 18-Aug-13 19:23:22

My best friend is a sheldon too, I got him giant jenga for his 30th and it went down really well. We both love star trek and after i gave him enterprise blueprints for Christmas one year he didn't talk to any one for a couple of hours while he checked them over.

ChippyMinton Sun 18-Aug-13 19:25:58

DH has the t-shirt-folding thingy that Sheldon has. From ebay, i think, or Amazon.

MadeOfStarDust Sun 18-Aug-13 21:15:21

I bought my software geek hubby a single share in Microsoft as an ironic gift.... he spends so much time slagging them off- but he owns part of the company now!!

I've got a star named after me (DH bought me this for my Wedding Anniversary present a few years back)

One day, I may go and visit my star grin

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Tue 20-Aug-13 00:17:44

Leonard Nimoy's dna on a signed napkin?

meditrina Tue 20-Aug-13 00:22:44

Perhaps a Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock t-shirt or a manga Feynman?

(assuming you do not work in the Cheesecake Factory and have no opportunity to collect a suitable DNA sample grin )

MrsTwgtwf Tue 20-Aug-13 00:23:02

Buildingmycorestrength, I've got an Obsessives' Chopping Board. For when the geeks in my house do the cooking. smile I do like these other links too.

meditrina Tue 20-Aug-13 00:23:55

"a really high tech kite" - Hello Kitty?

This is a great book all about the history of the periodic table. It tells you anecdotes about the discovery of the elements. It's very amusing

disappearing spoon

I got DH a Haynes manual for the Death Star tshirt, went down very well. smile

bruffin England Thu 22-Aug-13 12:10:39
OverTheFieldsAndFarAway Tue 27-Aug-13 21:45:33

I have my very own little Sheldon.(DS3 14) I found masses of geeky fun gifts on Amazon for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now