No idea what to get kids

(6 Posts)
jojane Wed 14-Aug-13 11:32:12

I have no idea what to get
Ds1 will be 7 at Xmas, possible aspergers loves to read and play video games. Never plays with toys.
Dd 5, already has all the normal stuff and more
Ds2, will be 3 at Xmas, inherits all of ds1 toys so no idea what I can get him that we don't already have!

pookamoo Wed 14-Aug-13 11:39:15

A big day out for the whole family?

Nat38 Wed 14-Aug-13 16:06:36

How about an undercover trip to a few shops??hmm
A big toy shop, a gaming shop, an electronics shop like Currys. See what they are drawn to the most??
I know they are still young but you may be surprised what they would like!! Like their own camera, which you can pick up quite cheaply if you want!!winksmile
Good luckgrin

jamtoast12 Wed 14-Aug-13 21:33:38

I'm the same but its still very early, lots of toy ranges pop up around October etc or when new kids movies are released plus wait til the adverts kick in on kids TV! I don't buy proper stuff until nov time for this reason. I buy generic stuff like hair stuff, underwear, slippers, sticker books etc from sept but that's all. No way will my kids be into the same stuff in 3 months time.

enderwoman Fri 16-Aug-13 12:33:55

There's a guiness book of records gamer's edition that your 7 year old might like. I have a son the same age and he really enjoyed laser quest recently. Could you take him and a friend?

enderwoman Fri 16-Aug-13 12:35:52

My 7 year old loves looking in gadget shops (The shop equivalents of I Want One Of Those) and Modelzone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now