Lapland UK

(6 Posts)
jamtoast12 Wed 14-Aug-13 06:59:54

Thomsons. They are fab but search all dates as the prices per date per resort differ loads. I saw that price for around the 15 dec to saariselka from Manchester. I was tempted but dh would go mad as we're skint!

mmmmmchocolate Wed 14-Aug-13 05:38:44

Who with? jamtoast

jamtoast12 Tue 13-Aug-13 13:41:33

£600 for an afternoon!!!!??? We paid £2000 for four days in the real lapland last year for family of four! You can get it for £1800 for this year too.

I haven't been (DC are too old now) but I know they reduced their prices a year or so ago by not including the hot meal.
There was a load of bad feeling 3-4 years ago when there was heavy snow through December and some days had to cancel, but they couldn't re-schedule the visits.
And they do their own currancy 'Elf Jungles' that you have to use but you cannot change back to £.
So how much do you buy of the Elf money?

AFAIK the 'experience' is about 4-5 hours so yes it is alot of money for an afternoon.
Still envy though that you are thinking of it. My DC would be too old and cynical unlike young, sweet (easily convinced) DC wink

I think it is around £90 per person (all ages). I am thinking about taking the DC but we live in Yorkshire so to go with DH and all 3 DC when we include petrol and food etc it will be about £600. Not sure I want to pay this for what is effectively an afternoon out confused

BaconAndAvocado Wed 07-Aug-13 22:26:48

Would love to,take DCs this year but need to save up.

Anyone know how much it costs or rough ball park figure?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now