Instead of a Christmas Eve Hamper

(14 Posts)
BiddyPop Tue 06-Aug-13 09:41:22

Just because they are all adults doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy a stocking, especially a surprise one.

Maybe base it on the poem:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to eat and
Something to read

Wants could be gift cards to favourite coffee shops, puzzles to keep them busy, lovely cosy gloves or scarves, nice small jewellery....

Needs could be nice toiletries, especially travel sizes. A travel mug for the M2B could be good (so she can actually get a hot drink once baby arrives). Funny socks, or really nice soft socks.

Eats - fruit and sweets for Christmas, and maybe things like spice mixes, nice coffee grounds, different flavoured teas, special biscuits etc...as long as there is something to eat immediately, you can have things to use in the weeks ahead too.

Read - a nostalgic annual, a book of jokes, a good novel that you CAN put down or short stories (thinking especially of M2B in that one), I had a book of Sudokus at my elbow every time I sat down to give a feed! Anything about the history of your or their local area?

My Dad still does stockings containing fruit (red apple, green apple, orange, satsuma, banana and (kiwi, nectarine or pear)), sweets, and a book - for every person under his roof on Christmas Eve. If there are kids there, their own parents sort those, but Dad still does all his own kids even though they are all well grown now!!

chocoluvva Thu 01-Aug-13 10:17:22

blush - sorry for being paranoid

everydayaschoolday Wed 31-Jul-13 23:20:56

Boots do some lovely 'new mum' toiletry sets (Sanctuary Spa is one I think)- lovely stocking filler and links in well with the pampering bath you have planned. Can't link as boots website being a bit funny at the mo.

everydayaschoolday Wed 31-Jul-13 23:11:48

Yes, that's exactly how I read it too 70isa smile

notso Wed 31-Jul-13 18:46:51

Depending on what type of people you are Christmas hats or Christmas jumpers. A Christmas DVD. A book from your son's childhood.

About the only thing I liked about him! Can't type for toffee

Bacon sarnies and champagne for breakfast was my ex bil family tradition. Out the only thing I like about him.

I think the 'Choccolluvva trying to be wink '

is a response to : "You're VERY organised"
(as in - I'm trying to be organised)

<<that came out as clear as mud but I know what I meant. I think>> grin

crochetkate Wed 31-Jul-13 17:51:53

Definitely stockings. I am 26 and still excited to find one at the end of my bed!

chocoluvva Wed 31-Jul-13 17:45:56

"Choccoluvva trying to be smile "

Not sure I get what you mean by that!

I think if you're hosting your DDIL and co, generally waiting on them -doing the cooking, washing-up etc giving them nice food and a comfortable home you ARE spoiling them.

Megsdaughter Wed 31-Jul-13 17:01:11

Choccoluvva trying to be smile

DDIL is due 5th January so want to spoil her before the baby arrives.

70's yep adults only.

Thinking along the line of over the top breakfast,

Might do something for DDIL, so she can lounge in the bath for an hour smile

Is it adults only?
You could do an over-the-top breakfast to last you until you have dinner (your non-Christmas Christmas Day dinner grin )

Orange juice
Coffee
Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with naice crusty bread toasted
Then some tiny pastries warmed up (tesco do some mixed ones)

chocoluvva Tue 30-Jul-13 20:58:40

Stockings?! Filled with little goodies; miniature boxes of truffles, toiletries, accessories etc.

Pannetone for breakfast perhaps, or fresh bread done in a breadmaker, a lovely selection of fresh fruit and creamy yoghurts.....

You're VERY organised.

Megsdaughter Tue 30-Jul-13 12:24:11

I want to do a Christmas Morning 'something'

DH is working Christmas Day, DS and DDIL are coming for christmas and we are having Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve and presents after.

As this is the last Christmas without a baby in the house grin (DDIL is 4 months PG) I would love to do something for them when they wake up, before we have to go walk the dogs and take mince pies and goodies to DH's work

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now