Christmas eve hampers

(85 Posts)

Inspired by the christmas traditions thread, I want to do a christmas eve hamper for the dds this year. They're still little (2.7 and 10 months at christmas), what can I put in? I definitely want a dvd to put on - any recommendations? Also things to tempt dd1 into her bath, is she too little for a bath bomb do you think? I don't think she'll find new pyjamas very exciting.

Any advice gratefully received.

And yes, I know it's July, before anyone points it out!

Therealamandaclarke Sat 07-Sep-13 06:19:27

I'd imagine a solid oil block would be good for very dry skin, assuming the "perfume" wasn't an irritant. Maybe ask them. I'd also email Lush with these questions so you get their HO response rather than their shop floor advice (lovely though they are)

Asan aside, DS is fanatical about satsumas and apples so his stocking's gonna be a real winner!

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 07-Sep-13 08:39:36

Lush is great for those with excema, fun yet safe for the skin. The dream cream is ace too.

I view CEH as a 'step' to Christmas. With the build up and the excitement , the CEH after The Walk is a calming down stage, not an unnecessary
expense .
And it quickly becomes a Tradition smile

fuzzpig Sat 07-Sep-13 13:22:27

I will definitely go into Lush - I never have before as it smells so strong! Keep meaning to get a massage bar for DH too grin

Therealamandaclarke Sat 07-Sep-13 13:27:24

I love lush. It's one of the places (along with bars and the waxing salon) where I used to spend my pre- children cash. grin

I love Lush too, buy a lot of stuff there, but I have not spotted these wands, definitely going to try and remember to look out for them.

I have eczema and very sensitive skin on my face, I use mainly Lush skincare and think its fabulous. The staff are so helpful too.

VoldemortsNipple Sun 08-Sep-13 08:51:44

I have always done Christmas eve pjs, wrapped up on the end of dcs beds. They evolved into CEH a few years back after reading about them on MN. It just happened to be around the time my youngest dc was becoming a non believer. Can I just say how happy I am to have started the tradition. All of a sudden, I was faced with a dilemma that so many of our traditions had been made redundant. The CEH help to keep a little bit of magic and anticipation on Christmas Eve. We usually get a movie that has been a big blockbuster hit throughout the year for CE and all snuggle down together in our new pjs eating munchies with the House smelling of lush.

I used to be a bit meh! about Christmas, going through the motions for the DCs, leaving everything till the last minute etc. Then a couple of years ago I realised that they were growing up fast and I really ought to be throwing myself into it more wholeheartedly and my last couple of Christmases have been so much better, I love starting to think about in September now, whereas before I would have stuck my fingers in my ears and hidden the Christmas topic till December.

Dackyduddles Sun 08-Sep-13 11:45:15

Never thought of this before. Dh will love it. Pinching all ideas shamelessly. :0)

BiddyPop Wed 11-Sep-13 22:09:42

The ickle baby bot in lush is great, full of lavender for sleepy little people!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now