What are you getting you're DCs and what age are they?

(33 Posts)
hippoherostandinghere Sat 27-Jul-13 21:13:24

Looking a bit of inspiration really. DC's are 4yo DS and 2yo DD. Don't want to be buying loads of toys as such as we have a toy cupboard full so thinking along the line of things they can collect/add to. So far we have got DS lots of Lego that we got half price in Argos. We got a ton of it so he's pretty much sorted but stuck for DD. We have got her the playmobil school and the take along dolls house. I know she's a bit young but I'm hoping she'll grow into it.

Any ideas for a 2.5 DD and what are your DC's getting?

frisson I remember it, it's all for me really. It makes me happy and it doesn't do any harm. Plus dd1 would think it odd if dd2 didn't get anything.

DS will be 5, DD will be 2

They're getting a joint water table for the garden (we live in California!) and then just bits and pieces, prob more Lego for DS, and books.

They have their birthdays a month before Christmas so will get bigger individual presents then (a bike for DD and I idea yet for DS)

DD will undoubtedly get clothes as she a toddler and won't remember anyway

countingmyblessings Tue 30-Jul-13 07:56:35

Am flabbergasted babies are getting hundreds of pounds worth of 'stuff' spent them. Why the hell does a 23 month old need a tablet? Shit! Why not spend that money on a cultural activity or quality family time or better yet donate it to a children's hospice or other worthy charity.

Kids really, truly don't need so much stuff. Kids with crap they don't even need/want/play with grow up with little imagination or gratitude.

Some of the lists on here are great, others I am quite shocked at.

Getting my eldest dd1 & dd2 a laptop between them both costing around £250, and obviously some stocking fillers and one small toy each.
Dd3 who will be 5yo by xmas, will be getting toys such as my little pony & winx club dolls & a dress up outfit.
Dd2 who is 3yo will be getting Mickey mouse clubhouse, various mickey mouse bits and a dressing up outfit.

MooseyMoo Tue 30-Jul-13 08:26:57

My DS is 2 in Nov, for his birthday he is getting:

Wow Toys Dexter the Digger
Little Tikes Music Maker Set
Train set
Brio battery operated train

And for christmas:
Hanger Playset
Brio sound & record station
Disney Cars DVD
X6 mini cars

DD will be 3.5 at christmas and will be getting:
Sylvanian Families House (whichever I find the best deal on before Dec)
Sylvanian Families Furniture & family
Tell the Time Puzzle
Silver mouse bag
Crazy Chefs game
Schleich Fairy
Melissa & Doug Habitats reusable sticker book
Fuzzy felt house

MumofWombat Tue 30-Jul-13 08:44:51

DS (will be 2.8) - we'll give him some more track, trains etc for his wooden railway set and I'm looking out for a large lorry type toy. For his stocking I've already got some books and art stuff and some matchbox planes.
DD (will be 9 mths) - I've found a gorgeous second hand handmade wooden dolls cradle ($25!) and I've made a new mattress and quilt for it. Her stocking will consist of things she'll need that I would have to buy anyway like a new sippy cup, little cutlery etc. But I am going to get her a new bubble machine as ours has broken.

elQuintoConyo Wed 11-Sep-13 14:50:31

Ds is 2 in December. For birthday/Christmas he's getting:
Weebles tree (bought in a sale in April!!)
Pull-along trolley thing with dustpan and brush, mop and bucket (I've seen them for a tenner)
Multi-coloured fabric snake, about 2ft long, with a loop of ribbon for a tongue so he can run around trailing it (homemade; made one for nephew last year and he LOVES it).

That's it from us, don't know what he's getting from GPs (it's a bit early for them to be planning!).

Wanksock Wed 11-Sep-13 16:59:34

DS is 4

Disney infinity (don't know if it is any good but he is adamant this is what he would like santa to bring).
Playmobil police car
Superman playset
Other superman bits and bobs
Couple of books/dvds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now