3 year old girl - ideas

(22 Posts)
BeaWheesht Tue 09-Jul-13 22:58:40

Have dd's Birthday in September and then obviously Christmas and have zero idea what to get her - help?

We have every outdoor toy known to man, a kitchen, brio nd train table, cars and garage, dolls house, happyland, babies and buggies, lots of books and DVDs.

I have to get her something!

Oreocrumbs Tue 09-Jul-13 23:09:49

My DD is 3 in Aug, I have bought this playmobil school, as found on the Christmas bargain thread.

Her birthday present is a bike, and I'm getting her some sylvanian families too.

tethersend Tue 09-Jul-13 23:12:12

Umm... It's July. She's 3.

Even if you find the perfect gift for her right now, she will probably be into something completely different in six months' time...

Wait until the end of November and buy her something then.

BeaWheesht Tue 09-Jul-13 23:16:09

Oh yes I know, I was more thinking of for her birthday but since this IS the Christmas topic.........

BeaWheesht Tue 09-Jul-13 23:17:45

Oreo - she has a balance bike and has her brothers old bike to grow into.

I saw the playmobil school but none available near me and tbh she never plays with the copious amounts of playmobil we have!

tethersend Tue 09-Jul-13 23:23:08

No, what I mean is that she will almost definitely have different interests in six months' time so buying something now will probably be a waste. Their tastes change so much at that age.

tethersend Tue 09-Jul-13 23:24:09

And I will let you discuss Christmas in JULY without passing any further comment wink

BeaWheesht Tue 09-Jul-13 23:27:04

Yes but September isn't 6 months away?

why are you in the Christmas topic??

;)

tethersend Tue 09-Jul-13 23:44:07

You took the words right out of my mouth grin

BeaWheesht Tue 09-Jul-13 23:55:03

smile

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 12:39:48

I just bought 3 year old DD a starter gift set of maxi hama beads and a reuseable sticker book

One of her birthday presents was a magnidoodle which she loves too. She does love arts and crafts

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 12:42:10

Sorry, it's a Megasketcher

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 10-Jul-13 13:01:41

Last year we got my dd a leappad for her 3rd birthday and she loves it, the leappad 2 is only £45 on amazon just now too.

Both my girls have September birthdays too so I'm starting to think of things to get them now.

BeaWheesht Wed 10-Jul-13 14:27:43

Maxi Hama beads are a great idea, she's very jealous of her brothers!

Leapad - I'm not sure about at all. What do your kids actually use it for?

worm77daisy Wed 10-Jul-13 15:09:52

We gave a leappad 2 to our DD for Xmas 2012 - she was nearly four then, to be honest I think it was a waste if you have ipads in the house as they MUCH prefer those.

Ideas of things that she got at three and still love would be:

A mini micro scooter
Giant cuddly animal - her favourite is a snow leopard.
Storytime Teddy Bear
Rapunzel outfit
Octonauts mini character sets
Aquadoodle

Hope there is something that might help?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 10-Jul-13 15:10:55

You can download games/e books on to it, my daughter loves using it for drawing pictures that she saves in a little art gallery. You can also take photos / videos with it. Oh, she also has a "pet" on it that she has to feed and wash smile

worm77daisy Wed 10-Jul-13 15:13:34

Oh I also thought she has a vtech camera that she uses all the time.

Helspopje Wed 10-Jul-13 15:13:44

we got our 3 year old a marble run for her birthday on Sunday - hours of fun already

other top items were
dress up
sticker book
aqua play

BeaWheesht Wed 10-Jul-13 17:24:08

See this is the problem we have everything listed apart from the leap pad. Don't have any iPads but she does have ds's old Nintendo ds which has camera / art / games...

staverton Wed 10-Jul-13 17:40:44

I painted an old wooden box and glued her name in wooden letters to the front& filled it full to the brim with crafty supplies from baker Ross and crafty crocodiles websites - went down a storm! Eg foam stickers, deco patch, gloopy glue, beads, make your own fridge magnet sets etc.

Yes to Hama bead maxi set.
Games eg from orchard toys
Sylvanian families
Dress up doll eg disney
Cash register and play money
Scooter
Books
Dressing up clothes

I am not a fan of the leap pad- think it encourages addictive screen time!

BeaWheesht Wed 10-Jul-13 17:48:19

I like the box idea, we have more craft stuff than hobbycraft but it'd be a good place to fill with hair bands / hair clips which she loves but seem to disappear after a few hours wear! Yes I think I will do that.

Orchard games is a good shout too - we hve quite a few but will see if any she'd like.

Re leapad I think she's too young, neither of mine ever play with their Nintendo unless in the car / train etc so I can imagine it being forgotten about.

JumpingJacks Thu 11-Jul-13 14:45:36

How much mess does she make Starverton, I'm temtped to do the same for 5yo and soon to be 3yo dd's but am worried about the mess!

Do you restrict use of the gloopy glue etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now