Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

WaitMonkey Thu 25-Jul-13 08:32:23

Ooh Nutty, I've been after that advent calendar if I found it around the £10 mark. But I've already got 3 advent calendars, 2xPlaymobil and a Lego one. One each for the dc. Buying another to put away for Christmas 2014 seems s bit mad even by my standards. grin Great price though.

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 25-Jul-13 08:54:31

It's thread is so addictive! I do have a great reason to buy so much though. I have DD birthday first then Christmas so the perfect reason for getting so much now wink

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 25-Jul-13 08:58:37

Argos are doing 8 tubs of play doh for 5.99

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 25-Jul-13 08:59:23

Or even better 20 pots for 9.99

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 25-Jul-13 09:01:23

Chad valley craft making kit Here

Chockywockydoodah Thu 25-Jul-13 09:06:24

Still not received my The Works order placed last week. Phoned them and they apologised and said it had only left the warehouse yesterday! I had to originally pay for delivery as I didn't quite manage to make the order up to the free delivery amount, so I was a bit disappointed but they have kindly offered me a deliv charge refund.

Reastie Thu 25-Jul-13 09:33:13

Still waiting for my works delivery here too chocky <impatient>

Chockywockydoodah Thu 25-Jul-13 09:39:53

Hope our The Works stuff doesn't arrive damaged like poor Oreo's castle, I'll be really cross if they've not packaged it carefully AND were slow to deliver hmm

NigellaEllaElla Thu 25-Jul-13 09:40:17

Has anyone seen any Lego Advent Calendars at a good price? I've had a mooch round but not had any luck. Thanks.

nuttybean Thu 25-Jul-13 09:57:09

Has anyone seen any good prices for photo books please?
Topshop have had a sale on & in store I managed to pick up scarfs for £1, big chunky wolly ones down from £22 so may be worth popping in.

thinkofthemoney Thu 25-Jul-13 10:03:49

Theonlyoneilnow - I got that cath kidson tea set too. It's very small, I was disappointed and didn't feel I could give it on its own as a present.
Much smaller than the picture looks.

Chockywockydoodah Thu 25-Jul-13 10:03:58

Zulily have a "Christmas in July" special on today with lots of Christmassy items.

PiHigh Thu 25-Jul-13 10:17:51

Still waiting for my order from TheWorks too but I've noticed the status has now changed from Submitted to Complete so I guess that means it has been dispatched.

JaquelineHyde Thu 25-Jul-13 11:01:44

QVC are currently doing Christmas in July. Not sure if they ever have bargains as I've never bought from them myself, but may be worth a look.

PiHigh Thu 25-Jul-13 11:03:04

Oh and thanks for the colouring book link, have picked up 4 of those for the dc and some relatives. Wondering if I should have got one for dd1's friend too.

PoppyWearer Thu 25-Jul-13 12:43:51

My The Works order was slow to arrive, but in good condition, including the castle.

Thanks for the colouring books, have also ordered some!

platespinnermum Thu 25-Jul-13 13:37:13

The Leapfrog Discovery House is back down to £7.49 on Amazon - I picked one up when it was in the sale at Mothercare & it looks great!

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 25-Jul-13 13:48:04

Thanks plate I've just brought that

ratbagcatbag Thu 25-Jul-13 13:58:59

Bought that book, thanks iloveholidays. smile

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 25-Jul-13 14:00:33

Thanks for heads up on the teaset thinkofthemoney, will get a dress too.

Any suggestions for a 3 year old girl, 18 month old girl and 4 year old Boy ?

PiHigh here, back to my old name. My order from The Works has been delivered and everything is fine. One of the books is smaller than I expected but it's to go in with something else anyway so doesn't matter.

MooseyMoo Thu 25-Jul-13 15:59:11

Crayola Pipsqueaks washable markers & sticker set 4.99 at Argos

Really good price for these. My three year old uses these at the moment.

ratbagcatbag Thu 25-Jul-13 16:45:57

Fab moosey, ordered two of those one for Xmas, one for a birthday next week. smile

starjules Thu 25-Jul-13 17:06:49

I picked up those pack of 10 chad valley books from Argos this week, they are fab. I am splitting those up for stockings and fillers. Great find (sorry cant find the original post about it)

starjules Thu 25-Jul-13 17:08:56

Boots have some ELC stuff on the website at half price.

This thread is not accepting new messages.