Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

MooseyMoo Mon 22-Jul-13 19:57:31

And a Cozy Village Kitchen Playset £20

I don't know what these are like but they are the first ones I could remember seeing recently

HenriettaPye Mon 22-Jul-13 21:16:24

Ninja turtle busy book? blush

Will have to get to tesco- DS is obsessed with ninja turtles ATM!

hippoherostandinghere Mon 22-Jul-13 22:35:32

Love this thread. Am so organised already this year, personal best. I hate the thought looming over me of all the presents I need to buy come November/December so I am de-stressing by starting early.

To keep track I downloaded a great app to my I phone. It's called no more socks and was free. I have everyone that I need to buy for in it and am recording their presents as I go along. I can put the price in and see how much I have spent on each person. It's ace grin

Chockywockydoodah Tue 23-Jul-13 06:34:37
Oreocrumbs Tue 23-Jul-13 07:20:22
Oreocrumbs Tue 23-Jul-13 08:12:09
muchostinky Tue 23-Jul-13 08:47:36

hippoherostandinghere Thankyou for the iPhone app tip - much easier to use when I am out and about than my spreadsheet!

I have only bought one thing off of here so far, but have a couple of things on camel camel, keep them coming!

MooseyMoo Tue 23-Jul-13 09:11:05
muchostinky Tue 23-Jul-13 09:23:51
BeaWheesht Tue 23-Jul-13 09:29:55

Don't buy kilp kits unless you are a masochist ;)

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 23-Jul-13 09:42:47

The Halfords offer was incredible. But there are none in stock for delivery to a store anywhere near me or anyone else I know. I would have bought a few (perhaps other people have thought the same thing) as its a good present for a baby too.

I have bought the Yada Yada Yada recording thing as a stocking filler.

I have also bought Molton Brown goodies with the free full size shower gel, so thank you for that. Part of my order was the cflestial body souffle thing, which is half price in their sale.

I am pondering whether to buy the take away fold up playmobil house, or the suburban house. What would you think? It is for DS, and he will be nearly 6. We have always bought him a mix of what are seen as traditionally girls toys and traditionally boys toys, and I know he will like a house smile.

This thread is fab, I think, but I'm not sure DH agrees with me now that he has realised that I am Christmas shopping in July!

RobinBedRest Tue 23-Jul-13 09:54:04

I Bought the fold up house, and the house itself isn't brill, no holes for windows/doors.

I am impressed with the accessories though, tonnes of stuff and in seperate bags for different rooms so would make stocking fillers, possibly for a few years if you are a meanie like me!

I guess it is just meant as a take along, but I'm sure it will be enough for my DC for now.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 23-Jul-13 10:04:52

No more pondering - I realised that even though it is fabulous, the suburban house (reduced to £50 at The Entertainer) doesn't come with any furniture really, and the Take Along house (reduced to £20 on Amazon) comes with everything. No brainer smile

hippoherostandinghere Tue 23-Jul-13 10:21:49

You're welcome Much. I love it smile

sameoldIggi Tue 23-Jul-13 10:57:36

Maybe already posted, but The Works (I'm in a store now) has a colour-in cardboard castle (3 ft tall) for just 6.99.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Tue 23-Jul-13 12:05:13

apologies if someone has already said but theres 20% off at The Works online til 28th July with the code SIZZLING.

Oreocrumbs Tue 23-Jul-13 13:58:42

I ordered that cardboard castle online - along with loads of craft stuff for the summer holidays.

The castle came today - still no sign of the other stuff, and it is in a bad way. The box is trashed, and all of the bits are a bit crumpled sad.

If it hadn't just had a wrestle with a herd of elephants it does look like it will be a good activity!

I've just ventured out to pick up some trousers for DP at a next outlet and they have a huge sale on. I couldn't look too much as DD was being a pain in the arse challenging, but they had the clothes reduced right down.

I bought a suit that was £75 for £16! (Now I just have to get him to wear the bloody thing).

PiHigh Tue 23-Jul-13 14:05:51

Oh no, sorry to hear about your castle Oreo I'm still waiting for my order from The Works. Didn't order the castle though - got the colour in playhouse from Argos instead.

ipswichwitch Tue 23-Jul-13 14:49:43

thanks for that mooseymoo, i've just been on and ordered it smile
John Lewis does have a few special offers that may be worth checking out, Molton Brown stuff and a few decent things in toys too.

ipswichwitch Tue 23-Jul-13 15:10:33

Argos bargains for age 2 and up

My First JCB Charlie Crane Playset half price at £14.99

My First JCB Rock Loader playset half price at £10.99

they've got a fair few bargains in the clearance offers section, and quite a few outdoor toys too

Boreoff Tue 23-Jul-13 15:46:12

Hi all, anyone seen any furbies on offer? My dd would love one but I don't love the price. Thanks.

notso Tue 23-Jul-13 17:06:12

If anyone is near Manchester Halfords there is one of the £1 car toys, it's the only one I could find but don't think I can get DH to drive there to get it!

I know there was a Tesco playdoh offer further up thread, but Wilkinson have reduced their 4 packs down to £1.50

Wilkinson also brilliant for little craft kits.

ValiumQueen Tue 23-Jul-13 19:36:34

LifeIsSoDifferent many thanks for the iPad cover tip smile just bought one.

MooseyMoo Tue 23-Jul-13 20:51:09

Nectar Double Exchange starts tomorrow

This thread is not accepting new messages.