Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

FairyJen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:34:50

Thanks guys smile ds is so much easier as the wrapping paper is the only bit he will be interested in! grin

scrappydappydoo Tue 16-Jul-13 18:16:19

Oops might have just 'accidentally' brought those bibs for my not-yet-born nephew. I've already been told off for buying too much stuff for him so they might have to be squirreled away.

fairyjen have you seen the 'designafriend' dolls in Argos. My dds have them and love them - they're a nice (i.e not freaky) little girl doll that you can buy outfits and accessories for. Also I tend to buy craft kits when I see them cheap and those go down well.

Mamafratelli Tue 16-Jul-13 19:16:03

Sorry if a duplicate haven't had time to trawl through yet grin

Just back from a new massive home bargains and got two pillow pets (a unicorn and a dog) for 7.49 each and two huggle buddy hideaways for 5.99 each. Might go back tomorrow to get a couple more for parties dd is invited to over summer.

LaTrucha Tue 16-Jul-13 19:34:18

Yes, those are nice dolls. DD got one last year.

Reastie Tue 16-Jul-13 20:20:30

Was in a National Trust shop today and got a big 1000 piece christmas themed puzzle in the sale from £16 to £4 for puzzle loving rellies and some little christmas tea light holders from £2.50 - 60p. The tea light thingys will do for little christmas tree presents and since they look like mini shot type glasses and one has father christmas and another has rudolph thought they'd double up as glasses to give rudolph and FC a drink in on christmas eve (only a small glass so father christmas doesn't need a wee too much - DD loves this book and even now in July we have to read it regularly! I assume the NT shops it's a case of what's in their store but might be worth a look/rummage if you happen to be in one.

Chockywockydoodah Wed 17-Jul-13 12:02:56

Apparently there is a free 15ml L'Occitane Precious Cream Moisturiser with August's edition of Harper's Bazaar (£4.20, Michelle Dockery on the cover).

Possible Christmas present or just a little treat for you wink

platespinnermum Wed 17-Jul-13 12:14:54

I had an email from Crabtree & Evelyn today - secret sale with free delivery until 10am Friday 19th. Some nice little fragrance gifts 70% off Crabtree sale

PoppyWearer Wed 17-Jul-13 12:47:33

The GLTC.co.uk sale has some personalisable bags in the sale, and some toys as well. None of it especially cheap but I found a couple of odds and ends.

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 17-Jul-13 12:51:33

Thanks for that plate. I have bought a set of four room sprays that my mum will like. Reduced to £5.40 as they were 70% off. And free postage!

starjules Wed 17-Jul-13 15:04:29

Super find Plate, I've also bought a few room spray sets.

iloveholidays Thu 18-Jul-13 06:53:06
Oreocrumbs Thu 18-Jul-13 08:25:52
LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 18-Jul-13 08:43:05

Can I join smile? I don't have any tips yet but I'm wanting to start early. I LOVE Christmas and last year I had newborn DD so presents were on the back burner for everyone else, I got some great stuff so this year I want to make it great and start early to spread the cost. My DD will be 1 so any ideas would be great too?

Ill add whenever I find a good deal

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 18-Jul-13 08:45:47

Just saw this on amazon. 10 finger puppets for £1.98 and free delivery smile

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 18-Jul-13 08:52:01

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finger-Puppets-Animal-shape-styles/dp/B00570HY8Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1374133491&sr=1-3

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 18-Jul-13 08:54:02
Chockywockydoodah Thu 18-Jul-13 09:03:00

Ooh thanks oreo! Been eyeing up that Playmobil pool for awhile having seen it on TV. DD would love it (she loves swimming) and it would go so well with the school...... Now, where's my purse?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 18-Jul-13 09:22:41

Really tempted by the playmobil pool. I've ordered my dd the take along doll house for her 4th birthday and think she'd love a little pool to go with her house smile

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but The Book People have a 10 book Julia Donaldson collection for £10.

www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=399405&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&searchTerm=julia+donaldson

They also have a Flash Sale on that ends at midnight tonight.

PoppyWearer Thu 18-Jul-13 10:06:15

Thanks LifeIsSoDifferent, those finger puppets are just what I need to bulk out some party bags!

whoneedstosleep Thu 18-Jul-13 10:10:38

That's a great price for playmobil pool. We got it last Christmas and its great.

LifeIsSoDifferent Thu 18-Jul-13 10:39:16

I'm glad it was useful poppy

sameoldIggi Thu 18-Jul-13 11:43:29

Sayhellotomylittlefriend - I bought that pool two years ago, for a lot more than that, and it wasn't played with much by ds, more so by me! I think a little girl would love it. I had a clear out and sold it on eBay for about 20 quid, so if you can buy it new for that price you're on to a winner!

schobe Thu 18-Jul-13 11:58:01

RHFREE for free delivery with the book people. Think there's been a code posted before, but thought I'd add one again. You get free delivery for orders over £25 anyway.

PiHigh Thu 18-Jul-13 12:45:56

Thank you soooo much for the topcashback tip about The Works. I managed to get a load of books cheap, plus 20% off with code HOLIDAYS plus free delivery as order was over £25 AND cashback has tracked at £6.

Going by the RRP's, I have managed to order £158.75 worth of books for under £26 shock

I have also used the H&M codes on sale stuff.

That is all the kids stuff bought, Dh's present started and finished with nephew & niece's presents.

MooseyMoo England Thu 18-Jul-13 14:01:33

This thread is not accepting new messages.