Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 14-Jul-13 08:23:33

The leapfrog house is great, both my 1 year old and 3.5 year old love it

Kelly281 Sun 14-Jul-13 10:01:10

Are the Animagic toys any good? What age would you recommend for them?

Mothercare have a lot of their arts & crafts on sale at the moment and the following codes give an additional 20% off too: RNLH or VXXN.

WhistlingNun Sun 14-Jul-13 10:19:40

Can anyone recommend where to start with a Sylvanian families collection? I've seen a few pieces in the sale such as on Amazon, but i don't know which sets go with which house etc.

Chockywockydoodah Sun 14-Jul-13 10:29:59

kelly thanks for the Mothercare codes. RNLH didn't work for this purchase but VXXN did! Bargain! smile

PrincessWellington Sun 14-Jul-13 12:02:49

I found the Animagic animals are played with for five mins max. Personally I wouldn't buy them again

LaTrucha Sun 14-Jul-13 15:48:23

My kids have a little animagic panda which sort of moans and whines and they both love it. I quite like it too.

Trazzletoes Sun 14-Jul-13 15:50:30

I've just shopped the SpaceNK sale... Feels so odd to be Christmas shopping in July!

I don't know if it is country wide or just in my local store but Morrison's have 15% off iTunes vouchers currently. I always buy one each for my teen DDs for their stockings.

MooseyMoo Sun 14-Jul-13 19:42:02

whistlingnun I'm in the same boat. My DD is 3 and I was thinking about a dolls house for christmas. Then thought maybe she would like a sylvanian one which we could add to if she liked it. I've got my eye on Larchwood Lodge though it is open at the back, or Maple Manor hoping there are some deals on it nearer Xmas.

MooseyMoo Sun 14-Jul-13 19:53:19

Or Daisy Cottage which is apparently an ideal starter home

LaTrucha Sun 14-Jul-13 20:01:46

I find Sylvanian things a bit fragile.

siblingrevelry Sun 14-Jul-13 20:28:30

www.magazinesdirect.com

Just bought my Dsis a subscription to Marie claire (and myself Woman & Home - feel really old!), 63% off at £13.99, and currently £5 cashback through Quidco.

You can order now, and have the subscription delayed to suit (and at the appointed time, they will send either text/email/letter of your choice informing the recipient so they can activate it)

blondieminx Sun 14-Jul-13 21:17:34

Amazon have the leapfrog house for £7.49 with free postage and cash back via Quidco!

blondieminx Sun 14-Jul-13 21:19:39

Thanks for the poundland tip!

Chockywockydoodah Sun 14-Jul-13 22:04:58

Little Tikes 30th Anniversary Cozy Coupe £32.49 delivered using code BIRTHDAY6 at Toys R Us. My DD loves hers!

tikes

Oreocrumbs Sun 14-Jul-13 22:36:06

Nerf gun £5.63 Amazon

sameoldIggi Sun 14-Jul-13 23:26:27

Thanks for the tips about the leapfrog house, got it using one of the mother are codes (ignoring fact that is cheaper on amazon now!)
Have wasted much time tonight looking for a pop up tent for ds1 - the usual argos "we sell lots of stuff but none of it is in stock anywhere in the world" hassle. So Halfords it is.
Need to check my mail to see if I can find any codes to offer in return smile

MooseyMoo Mon 15-Jul-13 09:31:16

H&M have a free delivery code 0549 valid until 28th July.

They also have a £5 off code 1304 the minimum spend is £6, so you need to spend £11 so the £5 code will work.

There's still some sale items. Just bought £28 for £13 smile

Chockywockydoodah Mon 15-Jul-13 10:11:28

Moosey Be warned that H&M delivery is incredibly slow. I ordered items a month ago (having paid delivery charges) and they are only just being despatched today!! The items have to be released from their Swedish distribution hub. I phoned and asked them to waive the delivery fee for the delay, they did, but only reluctantly when they saw how I had stacked discount codes on the checkout invoice! blush

MooseyMoo Mon 15-Jul-13 13:49:43

Thanks for warning the chocky

whoneedstosleep Mon 15-Jul-13 14:07:12

I posted a code for jojo maman earlier that I used on the micro scooter.
I have said I'll buy my godson one but that code is no longer working.

If anyone gets another jojo code or spots a bargain on one I would be very grateful. smile

MooseyMoo Mon 15-Jul-13 14:31:53

The Tassimo UK facebook page has an offer on - a T4 for £30.

https://www.facebook.com/TassimoUK/app_179219272252969

When you click on the page, you get a unique code. You have to type the code in on the 'buy now' page, not copy/paste.

Reastie Mon 15-Jul-13 16:40:07

moosey thanks - bought one for BIL/SIL for a joint christmas present for them. BIL has a January birthday so he will be getting some coffee tablet thingys to put in it for that. He's a massive costa fan hope SIL is too

Thank you Chockywocky, just got the inflatable globe as a stocking filler for me dd

This thread is not accepting new messages.