Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

Chockywockydoodah Tue 09-Jul-13 21:36:28

Probably my entire Amazon wish list!! I simply cannot resist a good bargain! blush

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 06:19:39

Boots 'when its gone' currently has

Trunki Dino Chums 6.49

Trunki Pink Chums

Some Soap & Glory sets that have a glitch, half price already but also 3 for 2
http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-Bubble-Time_1273671/

Octopod 17.49

Lots more, have a look, it's going quick

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 07:58:59
Murtette Wed 10-Jul-13 09:57:47

Debenhams sale has started and the Toy bit includes half price VTech Innotab 2 (only £41.50) and 40 - 50% off various play sets by Ecoiffer, Breyer & abrick.

LaTrucha Wed 10-Jul-13 10:02:29

LOL chocky - I've done a few more on mine in your honour.

Reastie Wed 10-Jul-13 10:29:15
Chockywockydoodah Wed 10-Jul-13 10:38:35

Seeing as there seems to be a lot of Playmobil fans out there... smile

Playmobil Large Pirates Ship £32.99 + free shipping. Usually £45 and up.

pirates

Murtette Wed 10-Jul-13 10:45:24

The Boots "when its gone" bit also has the Ben & Holly Magical Castle playset half price at £17.99. Just bought it for DD. Now have to decide when to give it to her. A bit expensive for a random present but its 3 months until her b'day.

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 10:59:19

Anyone planning a Christmas Eve hamper? Just seen these Polar Pal mugs at Baker Ross

WaitingForMe Wed 10-Jul-13 11:16:04

Just received my DotCom parcel and am thrilled to bits.

So tempting to buy Playmobil but DS will only be 13mths old!

sameoldIggi Wed 10-Jul-13 11:18:14

Love that space no stuff.
Really fed up with Argos, how can you claim something is for sale when it is impossible to reserve it basically anywhere? (Have tried stores in England, Scotland and N.Ireland for the playmobil football stuff.) wish it would just tell you where it actually was in stock!

LaTrucha Wed 10-Jul-13 11:48:40

phone them

Chockywockydoodah Wed 10-Jul-13 11:53:47

The cheap playmobil stuff we are seeing is discontinued lines from what I can tell, so once stock is gone its gone (and some stores may well have sold out months ago). Just out of curiosity, I tried a number of postcodes for the football set and it came up with nothing either so they must be very scarce.

PoppyWearer Wed 10-Jul-13 13:01:30

Further to Moosey's post about Baker Ross, I've just had a quick look at their website and they seem to have a lot of Christmassy bits in their clearance sale.

I am going to resist as I have a box full of Christmassy crafty stuff up in the loft, but there look to be some good prices there!

PoppyWearer Wed 10-Jul-13 13:02:40

I've been lurking on this thread for ages and finally have something to contribute... 20% off at The Works with code SUMMER ends midnight tomorrow.

I just bought 2 pillow pets at £7.99 each (with discount), Paper Jamz guitar at £10.39 and Paper Jamz pro amp and microphone at £7.99. Postage initially came up as £2.99, but when I paid via the Paypal checkout it didn't charge me. So a bargainous £34.47 for the lot, delivered grin

Topcashback are offering a mahoosive 20.2% cashback so, if that tracks ok, that'll be nearly £7 in cashback.

I also spotted this BRIO rocking horse at £19.99 (£15.99 with discount) which like it would make a good gift for younger children.

LaTrucha Wed 10-Jul-13 14:36:46

Ooo 20% cashback...thanks...

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 15:00:18
starjules Wed 10-Jul-13 15:48:39

Argos stores in and around Nottingham have quite a few of the playmobil schools in stock but no football ones anywhere.

RobinBedRest Wed 10-Jul-13 16:25:55

My dotcom parcel arrived with two things bust, emailed a pic and they are going to send replacements but worth checking through properly if you are putting things away till Xmas like me.

platespinnermum Wed 10-Jul-13 16:38:36

Well I thought I was organised last year when I found this thread in the Autumn but July has taken it to a new level! Loving all the ideas so far smile

Anyone with a Lego Chima fan (or many boy's party presents to buy) may be interested in this on Amazon - half price Boulder Bowling. Smaller reductions on other Chima items too so worth a browse.

Hello everyone been keenly lurking on this thread, tis fab.

My contribution is half price dress up outfits spiderman and batman at sainsburys £7.50 from £15 so I got one of each.
Sizes are 3/4 yrs, 5/6yrs, and 7/8 years.

knackeredmother Wed 10-Jul-13 17:15:19

Fortnum and Mason have some nice bits in their sale. I got some half price shortbread in a nice presentation tin (£6.45), in date until May next year. Good for teachers, grandparents etc.

JaquelineHyde Wed 10-Jul-13 17:50:40

I just went to order some of the shortbread biscuits and a box of peppermint creams from Fortnum and Mason which look lovely. However, the delivery charge is £6.95 minimum shock so not really a big bargain unfortunately.

MooseyMoo Wed 10-Jul-13 17:59:05

Thanks wornout just bought Sleeping Beauty in 5-7 for DD an Spider-Man in 3-4 DS for £15

This thread is not accepting new messages.