Yay - started my Christmas shopping. Personal best.

(16 Posts)
Flobbadobs Tue 30-Jul-13 12:27:43

I'm doing hampers for everyone this year, have just got supplies to make the girls in the family a charm bracelet each and have been collecting recipes for chocolate truffles and treats.
DH has already dropped a hint about what my present is! Which is a surprise in itself as we haven't done presents for each other for a few years.

I bought a china mug for DD Christmas Eve Hamper smile

ValiumQueen Mon 29-Jul-13 14:41:37

Last year I had a newborn and Christmas kinda passed me by in the blur. This year I am making a determined effort.

The three kids are going to be sharing an iPad so I bought a fisher price cover for it, and I have bought pjs, both from tips on the bargain Christmas thread smile The iPad was DHs, and he now has a mini so it is already paid for thank goodness.

I like to do an activity advent calendar so will be well prepared, and am looking out for stocking ideas.

Anja1Cam Tue 25-Jun-13 23:10:05

Haaaa just found this thread. I need to join you guys.... I'm afraid I already have a pressie for my parents. 'Stumbled' across it at a craft fair last week. they are abroad and when we go to see them this summer I can deposit it, saving me re-mortgaging my home to post it (or possibly carrying it onto a plane depending on how our plans pan out)! I also have a drawer full of books bought 'just in case' when I can't resist the bargains on the Book People website - I can feed my Christmas requirements from that grin Not started a list yet though.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 24-Jun-13 21:09:54

I bought 2 pairs of socks for my ds1s girlfriend, if that counts. grin

IsaacCox Sun 23-Jun-13 13:14:14

I've started mine too. Going to clear out the cupboard at the top of the stairs so I can store stuff in there.

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 19-Jun-13 16:06:19

It's June confused! Mind you I don't start my until the 2nd week in December

Becca2967 Wed 19-Jun-13 15:43:37

I love Christmas, I haven't bought anything yet, which is odd I normally have it coverd, but this year I'm saving, and browsing what to get smile

MummyMastodon Fri 14-Jun-13 19:32:39

I started today, got couple of bits for youngest DD in home bargains, Excited smile

gillywillywoo Sun 09-Jun-13 12:31:11

DH's*

gillywillywoo Sun 09-Jun-13 12:30:52

I'll start mine in September after DH'a birthday and summer hols.

But good on you! smile

fuzzpig Sun 09-Jun-13 11:35:41

I got the DC's big present already because I heard it won't be produced much longer - Playmobil Pyramid grin

I've ordered a couple of Kipling things for my DD. She's got two of their bags that convert to a little backpack.
I got her a pouch/purse set but I think she might have these for birthday and starting secondary.

whoneedstosleep Wed 05-Jun-13 19:07:23

Ooooh me too. Used my Tesco vouchers in the double up exchange for 3 lego sets for ds1.

If feels good!

redrubyshoes Mon 03-Jun-13 22:17:51

I have also started and have a cupboard with some random presents wrapped up but un-named to give out when I decide who to give them to.

I hate Christmas shopping and just buy throughout the year.

2kidsintow Mon 03-Jun-13 21:22:38

Not much, but I picked up some nice sets of art pencils in tins from the £ shop for my DDs stocking fillers.

And the local panto advertised their tickets. I got a ticket for my Dad last year and he loved it, so that's his Christmas present sorted every year. And this year I got tickets for my sister and her daughter too, so when I take my DDs, it will be a proper Christmas outing. And 3 presents sorted too. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now