I've started my festive cooking... for Xmas 2013!

(3 Posts)

grin Yes practice now, then you'll be A1 by Christmas.
And I find you can overdo it at Christmas and then have stacks of stuff that you don't want to eat after.

I made some cupcakes today. I've made loads of fairy cakes (with glace icing) but I don't like butter.
But I got a lovely Kenwood mixer before Christmas and now I let it whisk away at the butter (soft and unsalted) to make it really light,.It doesn't taste buttery just fluffy.

When you perfect the truffles, do some for Easter .

Happy cooking smile

mamalovesmojitos Fri 04-Jan-13 13:45:47

That's dedication for you! smile

fuzzpig Fri 04-Jan-13 13:43:15

I should point out I'm not actually keeping the products til then - I'm merely practising. grin

I am really rubbish at baking and that sort of thing especially when trying something new. Due to health and time constraints I yet again did absolutely none of the little sweet treats I'd been hoping to make.

So I have borrowed a book for children about Xmas cooking and have got a few things to try. Really simple stuff like peppermint creams and truffles etc. I've been halving the recipes to just make a tiny batch to taste.

I figured by trying them out now I'll be able to do them more confidently by Xmas... that's the plan anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now