What presents went down well with your 6yo boy?

(31 Posts)
MegBusset Sat 29-Dec-12 22:18:20

Just looking for ideas for DS1 whose 6th birthday is in Feb! He got Lego, toy raygun, books and Bin Weevils stuff for Christmas which were all hits but wouldn't mind a few different ideas...

BaconAndAvocado Wed 02-Jan-13 18:52:43

Doodle books, Batman sticker book, Science kits and Angry Birds plastic game.

BeaWheesht Mon 31-Dec-12 23:02:31

Ds loves his wii and sky landers giants.

Also loves playmobil, hexbug, bakugan and ghostbusters DVDs and figures.

Was v surprised by the hexbug and bakugan being hits as thought they might he 1 second wonders.

Most of all he loves his imaginext batman stuff and was In Toy shop on 27th buying more grin

suebfg Mon 31-Dec-12 16:33:39

We have the Vampyre Castle too and it has gone down very well here. We have lots of Lego and it is one of the better sets for the money.

trixymalixy Mon 31-Dec-12 11:49:26

Imaginext batman stuff. The wii, DS's birthday is in January so I'm considering buying skylanders.

Meglet Mon 31-Dec-12 10:03:27

Lego, any kind as the boy is obsessed with it.

Robosapien is proving to be an amusing addition to the family. although I partly bought it because I rather wanted a go with it.

Doshusallie Mon 31-Dec-12 10:00:40

Remote control car - it's amazing, lights up spins round lifts in the air
Bendaroos - in fact all the kids loved those
His water bottle with a skull and cross bones on the front

I havent been able to tear my DS away from his micro scalextric. Have found no fault with the cars, if they fly off he just puts them back on himself.

Also lego kept him quiet.

Pinball machine from Early Learning Centre, I bought it dead cheap the week before they closed my store. It's been very popular but lots of arguments between him and his sister...

TheMonster Mon 31-Dec-12 09:56:40

Imaginext Batman toys and Trash Packs.

kateecass Mon 31-Dec-12 09:54:19

That should have been smile

kateecass Mon 31-Dec-12 09:52:37

Under no account buy scalextrix, so annoying car always fly off and they need constant fixing by you, it will just stay under the bed.

Micro chargers we got is this though the cars are tiny (inch long). DS has brought just the car and charger away with us.

Also we bought board game Coppit for Xmas and last night whole family were playing it including my 4 yo and great uncle. The little ones keep winning fsmle

neolara Sun 30-Dec-12 18:13:31

This lego monster fighters castle was a massive hit for my ds's 6th birthday. It was on sale before Xmas so was significantly cheaper.

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 30-Dec-12 18:10:31

My 5 yr old ds loves the remote controlled tarantula I bought him and the baking set I made up for him with a book, bowls, cookie cutters and such. We've just finished the pizzas he made using one recipe!

hermioneweasley Sun 30-Dec-12 18:09:48

Playmobil top agents "baddie" car to attack the spy base he got last Christmas. DN loves skylander toys without having the game,

MegBusset Sun 30-Dec-12 18:07:39

Is Micro Chargers like Scalextric? We were considering Micro Scalextric but not sure if he's a bit young (plus 3yo DS2 would want to play too so there'd be tears if he couldn't manage it).

He's not really that into board games - prefers stuff he can fiddle about with himself (hence Lego) and also loves drawing. We have a family iPad and don't want to go down the Wii/Xbox route for as long as we can get away with!

IAmLouisWalsh Sun 30-Dec-12 17:41:09

Lightsabers. About to confiscate it, though.

Also Lego. And Monopoly, but he is a lousy loser!

PatriciaHolm Sun 30-Dec-12 17:38:34

Action Football (like subbuteo), monopoly millionaire, Lego!

AltinkumATEalltheTurkey Sun 30-Dec-12 16:58:09

Skylanders is massive hit here and also, his tablet, both limited, but the tablet he gets extra time as enloves playing on the math and problem solving for kids, and also learning IT activities.

He also loves his Lego and his arts and crafts sets.

kateecass Sun 30-Dec-12 16:54:16

DS is loving his Micro Chargers Santa brought him.

Ds will be 6 in April and loved robo sapiens and scrabble

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 29-Dec-12 23:54:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dontbeatmeupitsxmas Sat 29-Dec-12 23:43:22

Furby, slime factory and anything slime related, little Star Wars pods and glow in the dark paint from elc.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 29-Dec-12 23:41:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Sat 29-Dec-12 23:40:12

Playmobil and remote control cars were the big hits this year.

Parrish Sat 29-Dec-12 23:33:22
Parrish Sat 29-Dec-12 23:31:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now