so its only....

(1001 Posts)
RabidCarrot Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:42

364 days till Christmas grin

fuzzpig Fri 13-Sep-13 15:56:14

Biddy, it's in London and you can go round the studio, see some of the sets/props etc and also drink butterbeer in the Leaky Cauldron grin DH and DSD went recently and loved it.

I got a very strange look yesterday when I asked an assistant in Hotel Chocolat when their advent calendars would be out blush

fuzzpig Fri 13-Sep-13 15:58:26

I also found a brilliant stocking filler for DS, quite by chance - I was killing time at the hospital before my appt, they had a little charity table sale - hardly anything there but I found a Thunderbirds mug grin

50shadesofknackered Fri 13-Sep-13 16:28:36

Our tickets to Thomasland arrived today grin and I am ridiculously excited blush we're keeping it as a surprise for the dc's so I can't even tell them so they r excited with me. Can't wait!!!!

BaconAndAvocado Fri 13-Sep-13 17:59:42

Ooohh Thomasland sounds very lovely!

Last night I did a very very naughty thing......I've booked Lapland UK!!!!!

I am now officially bankrupt and its only September!

Must up my hours at work..........

50shadesofknackered Fri 13-Sep-13 20:11:50

Ooo lovely bacon we thought about Lapland UK but dc2 is still too little and for the price I want her to remember it. Maybe next year for us.

BaconAndAvocado Fri 13-Sep-13 20:59:07

That was us last year 50 DD is now old enough not to be petrified of the man in red.....we hope!

It will be a one off for us, I just hope it lives up to expectations smile

PS spied some superbly grotesque mens Christmas jumpers in Primark today!!

50shadesofknackered Fri 13-Sep-13 23:43:52

I've heard it's wonderful, so I'm sure u'll have a good time. Mmmm, it'll be interesting to see Dd2's reaction to Santa, she's 2 and a half so anything could happen. Mind u, we were out having lunch about a month ago and there was an older man near us with a big white beard, Dd2 looked at him and bellowed at the top of her lungs said Ho! Ho! Ho! blush so maybe she'll be fine grin

Very, VERY envy about Lapland UK bacon

BiddyPop Sat 14-Sep-13 08:54:09

Thanks Fuzz, HP tour sounds interesting for next time we're in London, it's been a few years since our last trip.

Lapland sounds great too Bacon, I hope it lives up to expectations.

Mn wouldn't let me post last night here for some reason. Grr...

BaconAndAvocado Sat 14-Sep-13 13:57:47

50 think Santaphobia may be a thing of the past for your DD2!

I know,I'm not sure I'll be able to,contain myself until December re Lapland UK!

Don't be too envy 70 , one of the DCs will probably be ill and I haven't paid for the insurance and then it will be a major Yuletide disaster! In fact, one of the 2 wee ones has been poorly for the past 2 Christmases........

Have decided to not tell the parents how much it's costing, they just wouldn't get it because its just a piss take amount and I'd get lots of grief.

buzzgirly Sun 15-Sep-13 07:55:10

Ooh almost in double figures!

There are 15 days left in sept (after today), 31 in oct, 30 in nov and 25 in dec until the big day, so its 101 days tomorrow until Christmas Day!

^^is this the right way of working it out?

fuzzpig Sun 15-Sep-13 10:01:45

I think it's counting it as 24 days in Dec not 25 as the 25th is the day itself. So on the 24th it will be one day left, not two. Or something.

<head explodes>

kissmelittleass Sun 15-Sep-13 10:13:57

The weeks are actually flying can't believe how quick the year has flown, christmas doesn't seem too far away now especially with the evenings getting darker I can see tinsel on the horizon!! bring it on!!

cheekycherryza Sun 15-Sep-13 11:21:49

marssparklesdownonme ooooh! Can't wait to get in there next weekend then. Not that I don't have enough christmas bits to decorate this house with! Last year it looked like Christmas threw up all over my living room!

BaconAndAvocado I'm thinking of getting tix for me and DH to go HP studio tour for an anniversary present. Pathetic I know but we don't ever get to go anywhere as no babysitter help and don't really want to just organise to go for a dinner that's over and forgotten in a month. Nan will be around to babysit for our anniversary so I'm hoping to go with DH.

Is it really good and worth the money then?

cheekycherryza Sun 15-Sep-13 11:30:56

I know it's only September but I wanna start decorating already! I love having the lounge overhead lights off and just having the tree lights twinkling and some carols playing. DD in bed and me writing and addressing Christmas cards. Fun times!

In autumn, I usually decorate my very long kitchen windowsill with a cornucopia basket I found at a car boot once with apples, pears, gourds, pretty jars with candles, gold coins... it always makes me feel like autumn has arrived. Then I make the waitrose recipe of french onion soup to freeze for lunches.

Ah, autumn.... and in true autumn fashion, I've gone and gotten a cold!

BaconAndAvocado Sun 15-Sep-13 13:12:37

cheeky you're a girl after my own heartgrin

Bought DH a Christmas jumper today at Primark, red with a huge reindeer on it, complete with tiny jingle bells and a huge pompom nose, its hideously gorgeous! ( Its just plain hideous tbh but in a "Its Christmas, lets all dress like idiots!" kinda way) He loves it but realises he's only to wear it inside only smile

Re Harry Potter tours, yes, everyone I know who has been LOVES it and all the men in my family are Pottermaniacs!

jamtoast12 Sun 15-Sep-13 18:28:44
fuzzpig Mon 16-Sep-13 13:59:50

Can't believe nobody's done it yet!

ONE HUNDRED DAYS people!!!

Where is 70 with another pic?

jamtoast12 Mon 16-Sep-13 14:38:56

The Xmas clock says 99 days so I'm not sure which day we are all counting to...I'm going with the lowest though as super excited!!

fuzzpig Tue 17-Sep-13 11:49:09

99 double figures at last!

I'm a bit confused about the number now but I'll stick with the way we've been doing it.

buzzgirly Tue 17-Sep-13 20:23:18

I can't believe I missed the 100 mark! Hooray grin grin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

kissmelittleass Tue 17-Sep-13 21:36:14

loving it, getting so excited, my xmas cupboard is slowly piling up with pressys and stocking gifts I have been buying all year but have sooo much to buy and time is going so quick now! counting the weeks till all the decs go up which is 2 months from now, I'm like a kid I just can't wait!

This thread is not accepting new messages.