so its only....

(1001 Posts)
RabidCarrot Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:42

364 days till Christmas grin

Hi fuzzpig - have you had a look on sites like Squires? They do cake decorating products but IIRC they do chocolatier products as well.

Is gianduja (I'm copying your spelling wink ) a ganache type filling with nuts in it? Like a praline?
You could practice small batches? I made a ganache for DS birthday cake one year - double cream and dark chocolate (can't remember the proportions ) but he found it a bit too rich for his tastes (RiffRaff)

You could add ground almonds,hazelnuts, walnuts. or make some nut brittle and powder it (that would be nice, make it sweeter too) and a bit less oily than ground nuts.

I'm sure there are lots of birthdays, Anniversaries and events that you can use as practice before Christmas. Everyone except strange people love chocolate.

But you've only got

days to go. smile

MegaClutterSlut Thu 16-May-13 22:56:12

can't believe how quick time has past since xmas just gone. Next month we are halfway till this xmas shock grin

My DD birthday is 25th June. When we get to that date it's halfway. Then I get shock and think OMG we're on the way .

50shadesofknackered Fri 17-May-13 06:20:32

Ooo, we'll be down into the hundred and something's soon grin

fuzzpig Fri 17-May-13 07:22:21

Thanks for the ideas 70 smile will look up Squires. Think we have one in town somewhere.

My DD is June 24th so it marks 6 months til xmas eve grin she will be 6 this year. Having a small soft play party <yawn> but I'm excited about doing the party bags - using large character tumblers instead of bags (they were 99p each) and filling them with sweets and wrapping them with cellophane.

LentilAsAnything Fri 17-May-13 11:18:11

fuzz, are you meant to eat this bubble-wrap chocolate? I am not sure bog standard bubble wrap is food grade appropriate.

I'm daydreaming about Disney, though we wouldn't be going for a few years as DS is only two. But I am starting thinking of ideas, and Pinning like crazy. smile

fuzzpig Fri 17-May-13 14:58:51

Well it was in the gu recipe book so presumably! I guess you'd want to rinse the bubble wrap like mad though...

LentilAsAnything Fri 17-May-13 16:54:52

I'm not sure! I don't think I'd trust it.

Ooooh , nearly into the two hundred and teens grin

Bum, posted 10 seconds early hmm

.........................__
....................__|__|__
.......................(.o.o.)......
.......................(...~..)....
......................(...o...)....
.....................(....o...)...
....................(.....o....).
....................(.....o.....)

.............*A SNOWMAN for 220* grin

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 07:33:48

I'm back. Disneyland was fab but very tiring! One - I found the shop at the castle, it didn't have many decorations out but I got a couple. I could have spent a fortune in all the shops, but didn't have enough space in my suitcase!

Fuzz - I did the tumblers for my dd's last birthday - big hit.

So 220 already, I've not got any presents yet but have my trusted list which is steadily growing.

50shadesofknackered Sun 19-May-13 08:04:17

Great snowman 70. I'm starting to try to plan places to take the kids before christmas. Its tricky tho because dd1 doesn't break up till the 23rd December and I work at the weekends. We went to Birmingham Christmas market last year which I didn't really enjoy. I'm definitely taking dd's to a carol service, tho dd2 may be a bit little. Any other ideas? I don't really fancy Hyde park, too far away and the Birmingham market put me off.

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 08:14:10

Oops forgot to say that I really like the snowman 70!

I've just spent the last 45 minutes updating my Christmas Pinterest board - it is very addictive!

50s I'm going to start doing the same. Dd is not going to start school this year, as nursery don't feel she's ready, so going to take her to a few shows/Santa lands. Last year I crammed it all into the week before Christmas, and we were all knackered!

50shadesofknackered Sun 19-May-13 08:51:58

Think I'll have to book some time off and do some things on the weekends. Bloody school! Why they break up the day before Christmas Eve I'll never know.

LentilAsAnything Sun 19-May-13 17:57:19

Love the snowman!

buzz, Disneyland sounds fab. I am currently daydreaming abiut going, wont be for a few years though. I've been Pinning too! What's your Pin homepage, if you don't mind sharing?
Any Disney tips? I want to do them all!

We're homeschooling - lots of time for us to do loads! smile

Oooh, I love the idea of Disney - mine are 13 and nearly 11 so aload of the Christmas things are too young for them.
They don't do Pantomime now and I never got the chance to take them to Lapland UK.

DD and I try to get to a ballet but DS wouldn't entertain it grin

Did you stay in the Disney Hotels or outside area?
I can get to London then the EuroTunnel - I reckon that would be easier than driving for me.

Ours finish on the Fri before Christmas so we'll have a few days before the Big Day which is nice.

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 21:40:36

Disney was great for the adults and kids. We have been twice now, the first time we stayed outside the park and this time we stayed at a Disney hotel. We decided to do that so we could use the magic hours and get into the parks from 8am. The hotel was fine, to be honest it's just somewhere to sleep as you're so busy in the parks. Euro tunnel would be good as it takes you right to disneyland.

My pin name is lindsay125, my Xmas board is huge - but will I ever actually do any of them wink. I do love Pinterest!

LentilAsAnything Sun 19-May-13 23:35:33

Ha - found you, and I was already following your Christmas board! smile

buzzgirly Mon 20-May-13 06:52:01

Great, what's your username and I will follow you - unless I already am!

fuzzpig Mon 20-May-13 08:57:42

Yay we are in the two hundred and teens! smile

Amazing snowman 70 grin

I joined pinterest last year but never really got into it. Must give it a better try if I can remember my password!

I went into toys r us yesterday (not local, I was visiting my parents) and saw the present I've been thinking of, I didn't want to buy any presents yet especially as DCs haven't even had their birthdays yet! But it is on a good deal and apparently it won't be made for much longer (playmobil pyramid) so I may have to break my rule which is annoying.

I might also have to start my "decluttering in time for Xmas" thread earlier this year! We actually did quite well last year but my health has been worse recently so we are worse than before! Still at least I am no longer struggling with FT hours so I should be able to manage a bit better.

<<slinks in late as I didn't have the organisational skills to do this before work>>blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.