so its only....

(1001 Posts)
RabidCarrot Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:42

364 days till Christmas grin

246 smile

dragon

Just because wink

and can I squeeze in another [dragon] for good measure?

Obviously not. blush

BiddyPop Wed 24-Apr-13 16:18:14

This time in 35 weeks, I hopefully will be having a short walk on the beach between the 2 dinners - to make room for the second!! grin

I must try and get a few Christmassy things on hols this year, as it is looking increasingly like we will be going to Orlando (Disney and all that entails!!) for 2 weeks in July. Surely I can find some Disney and US fantastic kitschy Christmassy stuff while I am there!!

Any hints gratefully received.

8 months to go grin

And it's Rudolph Day ...............................yaaaaay

Ooooohhh Biddy if you are in the USA on the 25th July you can see if QVC have Christmas In July (they do in UK) but I just think the USA one would be better

When QVC first started Christmas in July they did loads of American products that were brilliant. Now it's a bit meh sad

BiddyPop Fri 26-Apr-13 08:12:29

We'll be there earlier in the month (but potentially over the 4th July weekend - squeeeeeal!!!) so will probably miss most of Christmas in July (it seems mostly to be 2nd half of the month). But I am hopeful that I can get some things as the yanks are so mad about Christmas (like the Christmas decoration shops open all year round in both New York and Boston that DH groans when I find them!! grin )

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 26-Apr-13 08:17:39

BiddyPop you will be literally besieged with Disney and with kitsch. You won't need tips grin <<jealous emoticon >>

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 26-Apr-13 08:19:27

Ah yes, we do actually have a jealous emoticon of course.

envy envy envy envy envy

and a envy for BiddyPop USA trip. grin

Can't think of anything snazzy to decorate it with blush

buzzgirly Tue 30-Apr-13 06:59:10

Lucky you Biddy! We are going to Disneyland Paris in just over a week. Last time we went was September, and there was so much Christmas stuff out in the shops. Dh had to drag me away! Not sure if there will anything out at this time of year - fingers crossed!!

two hundred and thirty nine
Into the 230s grin

BiddyPop Tue 30-Apr-13 08:56:32

I booked it yesterday!! Enjoy Paris - I love the city but haven't been to Disney there (yet). I am hoping to do a trade off over the next couple of years - a 4/5 day break with maybe 2 in Disney and 3/4 in the city as it's a few years since we've been (not since DD was conceived, actually).

Now to get onto the serious research - exactly what shopping there is (DH already agreed to an empty bag in the luggage as there's a wasing machine in apartment so we won't need to bring too much). I want to get some clothes, but I want to find the craft shops too (there were 3 big ones in Cape Cod but I didn't get to explore them or bring much home 2 years ago - so this year I WILL).

1st May grin

I was walking up the stairs today and there's still a fragment of Christmas paper pinned with a drawing pin to the frame of the lounge door blush

It's from Christmas morning where the DC BURST through the paper to get to the presents (we pin a huge sheet over the doorway in case that sounds a bit confused )

<<slattern emoticon>>

buzzgirly Sat 04-May-13 07:00:13

Since we had a bit of snow last night shock, I had the kings carols on!

snow shock

Snazzynewyear Sun 05-May-13 00:31:30

Snow! confused

buzzgirly Sun 05-May-13 09:14:00

Yes snow! We had all the seasons sun, sleet, wind, snow and of course rain! The joys of living in the Highlands.

I was round at MILs yesterday, she is another Christmas nut enthusiast, and she showed me the fabric advent calendar she is making for us. It has little pockets so I can put notes with activities for each day in them, I'm delighted as I was looking at buying a wooden one and they are £££s.

This thread is not accepting new messages.