so its only....

(1001 Posts)
RabidCarrot Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:42

364 days till Christmas grin

RabidCarrot Sat 16-Mar-13 11:07:01

Yoh Rabid I was wondering where you were (you post in the week at silly o' clock ) wink

I was going to barge in post the update but got dragged off to B&Q (other DIY stores are available)

RabidCarrot Sun 17-Mar-13 08:19:52

70s I have gone back to work and leave the house at 6am grin need to earn money to pay for Christmas grin grin
When I first read your post I thought you had gone to a bbq I was thinking wow mad brave woman grin grin grin

No BBQ - even in Darkest Essex there's no outdoor hog roasting going on (yet)

I'll mark today with a shamrock.

Happy St Patrick's Day .

RabidCarrot Mon 18-Mar-13 06:03:11

Yesterday I painted the living room dining room and downstairs bathroom, looking nice for Easter grin

starjules Mon 18-Mar-13 09:37:48

Well I made my Easter Tree and in DH own words "it looks like a tree in Chernobyl where the local rabbits have gone to hang themselves"

If I hadn't been laughing so much I would of been upset that I had wasted a whole evenings work, it is truly awful.

Damn it going to go and buy one now!

buzzgirly Tue 19-Mar-13 07:17:12

Star - your tree sounds fab! I had a good laugh at what your dh said! grin I'm making mine next week, it will probably be worse.

We have snow here. The seasons seem confused, it should only snow one day a year and that's on the 25th December.

RabidCarrot Tue 19-Mar-13 07:57:05

I think I will have little chicks on my tree and hang little eggs from it. grin

BiddyPop Tue 19-Mar-13 08:54:26

I must get out my Easter stuff this week to make my little tree.

But I had a good Christmas thing this weekend - I paid the deposit on a house for the whole week of Christmas (and he knocked off a few euros from the rate he previously saidgrin). Lovely little cottage, only 2 bedrooms so no other family can look for space, but we are close enough to see plenty of them!! It keeps both Mammies happy that we will be down, it doesn't matter now if we go overseas as we WILL have a base to come back to for that week, and it means I can plan on a nice relaxed week, including DD birthday party, where I have a lovely retreat to get away when family are getting too much! (It doesn't have a tv, but we can bring laptop with dvd's, or lots of books to relax in front of the wood burning stove looking out over the harbour and lighthouse - ah bliss!!).

Sorry to have been MIA recently, work is dreadfully busy and DH only got home on Fri from a 3 week trip, and we were away for the weekend.

Now I have to go research a 3rd possible overseas option (things keep changing rapidly on possibilities at the moment!)

Snazzynewyear Tue 19-Mar-13 20:29:37

BiddyPop the cottage sounds lovely, especially the view over the harbour.

I've just bought some extra decorative chicks for Easter bonnet making.

RabidCarrot Wed 20-Mar-13 05:53:30

LentilAsAnything Wed 20-Mar-13 12:40:13

Oh that sounds lovely, Biddy. Sorry if I missed it, but where is it? Or are you not saying?

BiddyPop Wed 20-Mar-13 14:07:43

Lentil, it's on the south coast of Ireland, a couple of miles from my parents house, less than 20 mins from PILs, and 160 miles from where we live now. When we go down, we spend the time shuffling between both houses, and both are full and chaotic - which is fine at other times of the year when it's not complete bedlam but at Christmas there are too many expectations and too many people home in both at the one time - so a place to retreat is needed.

LentilAsAnything Wed 20-Mar-13 14:14:17

Oh it sounds utter bliss. Can I come! smile

RabidCarrot Thu 21-Mar-13 05:55:59

in to the 70s grin

BiddyPop Thu 21-Mar-13 10:03:28

Sorry Lentil, all beds taken (mwah hah ha ha ha!!! - aimed at my family, not you)

I bought the rest of the easter eggs this morning - a Gnasher one for DD, the bigger ones for the hunt (I already had 3 bags of mini ones for that), and 2 tubes with 3 nice but small ones in each for my parents, sis (possible 2nd sis), DH and I.

And while I was there, I bought a lovely Christmas card for DH's DSis and DP, as it was very much reduced!! blush

LentilAsAnything Thu 21-Mar-13 11:19:51

smile

We already have our Easter eggs. We are currently in Germany, and we're vegan, so it can be hard to find vegan Easter eggs and stuff, there is certainly more choice in the UK, so PIL brought us our Easter eggs when they visited last week. we might have already eaten one

RabidCarrot Fri 22-Mar-13 05:55:47

Snazzynewyear Fri 22-Mar-13 08:48:50

Snow! My DS said gleefully 'Santa will come!' I have had to tell him it's the Easter Bunny's turn and he'll probably be grumpy about having to work in the snow, like in Rise of the Guardians grin

Lentil what's your Christmas dinner of choice as vegans?

RabidCarrot Sat 23-Mar-13 13:24:40

In 9 months we'll all be panicing that it's Christmas Eve Eve.

That's 9 months warning people.
You can create a new human being in that time (well 40 weeks give or take) so Christmas should be a doddle. (Don't know which one costs more £££ though) grin

RabidCarrot Sun 24-Mar-13 08:02:44

Off to church for the Palm Sunday service

RabidCarrot Mon 25-Mar-13 07:06:36

RabidCarrot Tue 26-Mar-13 05:58:58

RabidCarrot Tue 26-Mar-13 19:02:54

I have put up my Easter tree grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.