Vote for your worst Internet Christmas shopping retailer....

(58 Posts)
Grannysknickers Fri 21-Dec-12 21:37:37

All personal opinion of course but I'll start with SPORTS DIRECT words fail me.....

everydayaschoolday Sat 22-Dec-12 19:29:46

Another vote for Debenhams - how complex does a returns service really need to be?? Most items couldn't be returned to store (after I had made the journey and paid for parking) as they were 'concession' items. And to mail them back follows a complex system of getting the right address and code for that specific concession or department. Hate them.

Otherland.Santa main present haven't arrived and it is now panic panic panic for a 5 yr old and not a word from them!I ordered it on 12 th.

What everyday said bout debenhams. I used them last year, never again.

MrsMangoGingerbreadhouse Sun 23-Dec-12 08:00:31

Sainsbury's online. Placed order, confirmed, despatched, then no delivery. Three weeks later I get an email saying the product is out of stock and they will be cancelling my order. I call them up to ask what's going on, apparently they lost my order at the warehouse, but didn't bother to let me know for a fortnight. Part of it was for DD's birthday, now been and gone, with frantically replaced items ordered through Amazon, which all turned up on time.

TeamBacon Sun 23-Dec-12 08:02:29

Yep, avoid IWOOT - they're utter shite

We3bunniesOfOrientAre Sun 23-Dec-12 08:15:06

WHSmiths, ordered online to collect in store, one the store didn't bother to ring me, and the other took 10 days not 5 days, so had to get alternative present due to last posting day. Haven't had chance yet to encounter their returns policy, not sure whether to collect and keep for next year.

Snog Sun 23-Dec-12 08:25:54

Thorntons and m&s

Badvocsanta Sun 23-Dec-12 08:30:28

Argos.
Just dreadful.
Asda. Surly call centre staff and my cc was cloned....twice!
Have had no issues with debenhams but I know my sil has.

amck5700 Sun 23-Dec-12 09:27:23

Zavvi

will NEVER buy from them again- customer service is like trying to deal with a gaggle of lobotomised baboons.

You can't get through on the phone - they keep referring you to your account page which is inaccurate and then do reply to their message service (eventually) but never actually answer the question!

Merrin Sun 23-Dec-12 18:50:43

Marks and Spencer:

Ordered weeks ago, email last week to say one item out of stock (ordered a replacement from John Lewis which arrived in under 24 hours!) and am still waiting for the order. It has, apparently, been dispatched...

CaptainNancy Sun 23-Dec-12 19:00:45

Cox & Cox for me- order had something missing, phoneline says to email, email gets no response!

nancerama Sun 23-Dec-12 19:03:40

I emailed the chief executive of M&S earlier this year informing him that its 2012 and the Internet is not a new invention. I shan't order from them online again - they've messed me about too much this year.

Fab really messed up DH's Christmas present. They dispatched the right item in the wrong colour and I asked for an exchange for the colour that I actually ordered. The (same) wrong item was delivered back to me for the THIRD time yesterday.

Goober Sun 23-Dec-12 19:18:03

The Hut. Shite.

TheCrackFox Sun 23-Dec-12 19:27:33

Argos - worst yet. Never, ever again.

amck5700 Sun 23-Dec-12 19:29:09

Goober - Zavvi and the Hut are the same people - just two brands to spread the misery further sad

superwhizzynewlaptop Sun 23-Dec-12 19:56:13

I learnt last year not to shop with Argos online, the things I received were in damaged boxes that had clearly been opened and sellotaped back up (badly).

When I returned them to my nearest store and complained and asked for a refund, they told me that it was only that someone in a store had wanted to look at the items so someone had got them out of the boxes for them then taped them back up. Whatever the reason they did not look suitable to give as presents.

I insisted on a refund, they eventually agreed, and I vowed never to shop with them again.

JoanByers Sun 23-Dec-12 23:06:06

foto.com, advertising 'Christmas Gifts' last week that require 5 working days to produce, and then 2 days to despatch/deliver.

I spent an hour designing a photo album online on Monday and only after doing so realised it probably wouldn't arrive in time.

Thought they might made an effort to send it out, but have they fuck?

Merrin Mon 24-Dec-12 13:33:24

M&S must have read my post, parcel just arrived! Still, they are not as good as they could and should be.

Goober Mon 24-Dec-12 19:57:33

amck5700 Figures....

Anyway. HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

smile

asda george they sent half my order out missed the rest didnt even tell me i noticed stuff was missing so had 2 call them to complain waited another week before rest turned up

BillyBollyBrandy Mon 24-Dec-12 21:13:12

I refuse to use Debenhams - their returns procedure is atrocious.

I fell out with M&S last year when i preordered the whole of xmas on xmas eve and it had use by dates within 48 hours even though the same things on the shelves had a week use by. And they didn't give a shit when I complained.

This year Hawkins Bizarre was okay, but the actual stuff was shite. 2 things broken, one item already open. Only cheap really but still rubbish

OodKingWenceslas Mon 24-Dec-12 21:23:04

New Look- website crap and lists lots of out of stock products. Next day delivery took 3 days and I returned everything's it was v poor quality.

Asda- website lets you get to check out before telling you everything is sold out. Delivery was ok though.

Interesting the same companies keep coming up.

makemineapinot Mon 24-Dec-12 23:41:00

Amazon. My address is 'undeliverable' apparently - well, just for the main bulk order, all the other little things managed to arrive with no problem - from Amazon! I live 30 mins from a major city so not in the Scilly's, Channel or Shetland Isles!

nancerama Thu 27-Dec-12 00:07:53

H&M are pretty pants too. BIL's present was ordered on16th and has been out for delivery since 20th. Still no sign of it.

KatyEb Thu 27-Dec-12 14:12:05

Zulily, the pair of shoes for boys I ordered came in at a wrong size while my shipping waiting time reached no less than 3 weeks! Just beware..confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now