Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread II

(389 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Dec-12 20:13:37

Hello

Follow-on thread from this one.

To quote SecretSantaSandyMumsnet:

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

<readies fire blanket for dangerously warm cockles>

wavesgoodbye Mon 31-Dec-12 20:11:28

I got quite a lot of info on dc age, what the dc liked, family situation, why they had a rough year.
I guess it depends on what info the person felt comfortable to give.

Agree I didnt want thanks from anyone, just to make someones Christmas a little better.

I actually searched and that was katemiddys only post so now I don't know if person was for real, why would you chose a name hangs just to attack people trying to do something kind.

Or maybe I just don't want to think someone would be so nasty especially when they had received one gift already.

BellaVita Mon 31-Dec-12 20:30:44

She said she had namechanged because she knew she would get a pelting so she didn't want to post in her real MN name.

GlaikitFizzHogmany Mon 31-Dec-12 20:46:45

However mnhq must have been able to see who she is really because they said she had already posted saying she had received one parcel. Make of that what you will!

LadyMaryChristmas Mon 31-Dec-12 21:07:03

The size of the gift doesn't matter. All that matters is that it was sent with love, care or gratitude. Don't allow one person to destroy the meaning of the Christmas Appeal. It must bring so much happiness to other mumsnetters, we're not all like this. thanks

wavesgoodbye Mon 31-Dec-12 21:08:38

I know Glaik and based on that it makes me think its the person I sent to which makes me feel like utter shit.

BellaVita Mon 31-Dec-12 21:20:28

waves sad

Please don't feel like that.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 21:24:47

Ok so MN088 recipient here! NC for Christmas but a similar variation of this name. I have opened my gift(s) and want to say a big THANK YOU! Both to the mystery person who nominated me and to BiscuitNibbler for the gifts. Seriously, it's as if you know me! The slippers are lovely and my shoe size! I already wear the Just Pink fragrance so getting the set is wonderful. I've been after gloves just like the ones you sent and never got round to them. The chocolates, erm, disappeared?! So, so luffly to be a recipient in this - I didn't even know it existed. I'm chuffed to bits that someone felt it appropriate to nominate me and delighted with the gifts so thanks! thanks

Lighthousekeeping i think you may have been my secret santa 211?? If so your gifts were gratefully received, I did post a thank you on the old thread but didn't namechange so you may not have seen. Just checked I posted on 19/12/12 at 20.09. I am mortified that you have been worried.

I hadn't clicked in to this thread since, don't know what made me tonight but I did and Fareham jumped out at me!

Please please rest assured your gifts were so lovely and a really fab pre christmas boost. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a happy new year thanks

BiscuitNibbler Mon 31-Dec-12 22:15:19

OCome I'm so pleased the gifts suit. smile

I hope you have a fantastic 2013 and best of luck in April! My DD is an April girl so I will be thinking about you on her birthday.

CheerfulYank Mon 31-Dec-12 22:29:21

Oh waves, do not feel like that. It was lovely of you to donate and brighten someone's Christmas! smile

wavesgoodbye Mon 31-Dec-12 22:44:43

If its any consolation to katemiddy I won a mumsnet competition in October and was asked by the company to chose what I wanted, I picked stuff to fill dds Christmas out a bit as she had nothing hardly from me but they didnt post until the Friday before Christmas and that too is stuck in post somewhere.

So if its any consolation between that and her father and the brain scans dds had a pretty crap Christmas too.

MulledwineGless Mon 31-Dec-12 23:14:46

Waves, you know what your posts have reminded me all over again what MN is about though. There is a wonderful community spirit on her rand whatever you can do for someone else, you will. The Appeal
makes it material
Possessions rather than time and emotional effort. You have done a fantastic, generous thing, please don't forget that

Recipient182 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:39:03

Hello. I am Recipient 182 and want to wish my SS a very happy new year.

Our year has been the most challenging year of my life and has cost us emotionally and financially. Sadly, whilst going through our own crisis my Uncle also passed away just before Christmas and so I wanted to invite my adult cousins and aunt for Christmas to make it a bit 'different'. I suspect the posh chocolates you sent were for me but I can't tell you how good it made me feel to use them to make up some stockings for our visitors.

The presents for our children were spot on and dd in particular has been wearing the socks EVERY day since Christmas. So thank you for your generosity and for making our modest pile under the tree a less modest pile and convincing my kids that they must be very good and special.

Recipient182 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:45:48

Incidentally, wrt the recent posts on this thread, I received my parcel on Christmas Eve. I had known for some time I had been nominated and I was overwhelmed. That was enough. The actual gift was a delightful bonus.

ss76 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:46:08

Hello GetOnYourDancingShoes.

I'm glad you came onto this thread - it's so lovely to meet you, I really did wonder and wonder who you might be.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and are about to step into a wonderful New Year.

Much love to you. xx

And MumsnetHQ - for everything. One day, a crater on the moon will be named for you all. Or perhaps a rose. Or a particularly effective new wine.
Whatever ... you are all fab.

As are all of you lot for taking part in this: those that have touched other people, and connected, those that have responded. the listeners, the talkers, the people who do things, and those that share. All of you making up what mumsnet is best at. Happy New YEar to all of you. xx

SecretElf098 Tue 01-Jan-13 01:04:25

To Recipient 098,

I hope the clothes came in useful. I'm sorry it wasn't more but it was what I offered when MNHQ asked us to say what we could offer.

Wishing you a very happy new year!!

waves she's not the only one whose had one parcel already so don't assume she's your recipient.

also whilst i didn't read the offending post for all we know the person is having a totally shit time and their head is in a mess and it lashed out towards this stuff rather than the real stuf itms? it reflects on the state of their head rather than the secret santa business i reckon.

do you know whether it's a dyson hoover or a packet of wipes it's always really nice getting something that says, 'to the mumsnetter of the house' grin i don't think it's just me is it? something lovely about seeing your presence here manifest into real life and something coming just for you.

SantaMN108 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:37:45

ladymarychristmas - I doubt this is in any way still on your ThreadsImOn, but just in case, I think I'm your Santa108 who send the card for the wine. I'm so pleased it got there in time!

Happy New Year! smile

PavlovtheCat Tue 01-Jan-13 16:25:05

swallowed you are so right! I was excited regardless of the content of my parcel, just because I got to take a parcel from the postie with 'To the Mumsnetter of the House'! and everyone who saw it under the tree going 'oooh!' the contents were fab, and the Hungry Hippos set has been played more than most of the other toys bought, but whatever it had inside, the parcel itself was exciting! (I did not wrap with the wrapping paper sent, did not know it was there as I didn't want to open it before christmas day, so we left it in it's brown paper and parcel string!, then found the wrapping paper with it blush).

waves the point of this SS, imo, is to do something for others to show you give a toss. You have done that, you have done something to pay it forward, from your own support received, and had I been the recipient of your gifts, I would have been as overwhelmed as I was with the gifts I got, because someone thought of me and my children and had gone to the trouble and effort of buying, wrapping and posting a gift at a time that is already demanding on finances and time.

Dozysanta Tue 01-Jan-13 16:51:24

Been checking rather erratically but worried my donated parcel never arrived sent in plenty of time. As stated before forgot to put number on!! My SMN was 020 know they had another donor. If anyone one has seen an acknowledgement I would be grateful if you could let me know. Stupidly did not send tracked but could still claim if not arrived and send again.
Happy 2013 to all

MulledwineGless Tue 01-Jan-13 17:08:47

Dozy santa, I'm the other donor for MN 020 and keep checking to make sure it arrived. I posted it 1st class on 14th dec- hoping they have been away for Xmas and new year

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 01-Jan-13 17:14:56

{Waves at *santa 108*} Hi smile I'm incredibly grateful, thank you. I haven't used it yet. The day after I received it ds and I both woke with the flu and have rarely left the house. We're loads better now, just a lingering cough and a lot of snot. I've decided not to use it for wine (I'm going to set up a little fund for that), but will get something that will last. Wine gets drunk, the bottle recycled, but photo frames or pictures will always be here with us. I hope you had a very lovely Christmas and New Year. smile

thegreylady Tue 01-Jan-13 18:18:47

Just want to wish a very very Happy New Year to all mumsnetters.
I loved being a recipient last year and even more enjoyed being a donor this year.
Mumsnet has the true spirit of Christmas-the one I use to explain to older dc about Santa-the spirit of Christmas which makes people want to try to spread a bit of peace and joy.
It was a privilege to be part of it.
Thanks MNHQ smile

Lighthousekeeping Tue 01-Jan-13 18:26:51

Whatever, it was just one gift. I can't take the glory if you got more but, I'm glad you did. Three people from Fareham emailed me. You should start a group. All of them said I don't think anyone else is from Fareham on here smile. I was checking the other thread but must have missed your post when I went away for Christmas. I'm do pleased you got it and sorry I didn't have a tag. I wasn't that organised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now