Which CD for my DD age 6 - This will be her first

(14 Posts)
BeaWheesht Wed 12-Dec-12 15:04:24

I've bought ds now 83 - the thing is they play things like im sexy and I know it at school so I'm fighting a losing battle trying to challenge that.

firsttimemama Wed 12-Dec-12 14:59:03

Thanks everybody I will look at the Disney -had never heard of it and Moshi one she loves Moshis will look too at the Giants one -did want some tunes that I might recognize though - maybe Jesse J/ Katy Perry/Justin Bieber. I'm sure I'll find something with theses suggestions.

Emeli Sande's pretty clean as well, and her lyrics often have a good message.

We got my 6 yo DSD X-Factor bands - One Direction and Little Mix - which she asked for. We figured those CDs would be clean; fingers crossed we didn't boob on the lyrics.

I've listened to the TMBG songs on YouTube and love them. smile I think they're something DH and I would have to get for ourselves though, and then play in the car and impose on her - DSD's into her conformist pop and would never ask for TMBG herself.

Anja1LikesChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 11:19:15

Another vote for They Might Be Giants from me! 'Educational' (I can recite the planets now!) and easy on the ears for grown-up too :-) - well sort of! I've currently got 'Here comes Science' on my MP3 player when I go running!

Startail Wed 12-Dec-12 10:21:32

My DSIS first LP aged 4 was Queen!

Disney pop party some how lacks street credgrin

DD (4) received Now thats what I call Disney for her birthday and loves it

DoubleMum Wed 12-Dec-12 09:09:10

The Pop Party/Now ones do cut out swear words etc but there might still be some risqueness of course (I suspect I may have just made up that word). Pop Party is the tamest though, they are designed for children.

penguinplease Wed 12-Dec-12 07:14:03

Does she like Moshi monsters? that cd is good (for kids..)

My nearly 6 yo has Now that's what I call Disney in her stocking. Also her first CD. Its 4 discs incl a Christmas one. Paid about £10 for it on amazon

TheElfOnThePanopticon Wed 12-Dec-12 06:59:27

They Might be Giants have some good albums for kids.

MrsShrek3 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:51:48

my dd likes the Now Disney, and also Now 82grin

GW297 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:44:43

I saw a now that's what I call Disney cd being advertised that I thought would be a great gift. The early learning centre do good CDs with pop songs.

firsttimemama Tue 11-Dec-12 23:36:59

She mentioned Pop Party 4 or 5 but i don't want her singing dodgy/risque lyrics. I also would prefer the most popular stuff I'm more into Indie/rock so I am clueless on this stuff - maybe a older cd would be better than an up to date one??????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now