Talk to me about Cheese ..

(30 Posts)
AwaitingSnow Thu 06-Dec-12 21:17:29

I don't know a lot about cheese. Thinking of trying some this Christmas.

What should I try?

Brand names helpful!

FlyOverTheMistletoe Fri 07-Dec-12 09:42:50

Twelve your post is naughty smile I've just lost half a stone and I swear I put it all back on when I looked at your link

Oh well done Fly!
You could get something small and strong tasting so you don't eat too much of it... <this is why I have NOT lost half a stone!>

FlyOverTheMistletoe Fri 07-Dec-12 10:18:30

Twelve it would have to be very small grin going shopping in a different area this afternoon, so I think I'll just have a quick search for cheese shops there or en route

It's difficult to make recommendations without knowing your tastes. My mum loves Camembert and smelly Brie, but hates anything blue. I love blue cheese with Port. DD loves cheddars and I find them either too boring or mouth-stingingly strong.

The best thing to do is go to the cheese counter and try a few. Waitrose usually have a good selection in. Good cheese can also be eye-wateringly expensive.

Serve cheese at room temperature, not straight from the fridge. If it stays cold then you can store it outside if it's a bit stinky. Ensure it's well covered and secure from cats and rats though.

TennisFan42 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:21:12

Ossau-iraty is really yummy. It's a ewe's milk cheese and available in Tesco

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now