Secret Santa for a man. Help please.

(12 Posts)

5 pound limit. I don't think he drinks. He is very straight-laced and proper. He would be horrified by a 'joke' present.

Cheese?

Cake?

Any ideas much appreciated please. Am stumped.

mazzi2fly Thu 06-Dec-12 21:10:34

Sorry I'm not any help but joining in for any ideas. I've to buy for my boss also £5 limit. I have NO idea what to get him....

BikeRunSki Thu 06-Dec-12 21:11:55

A small Stilton or pot of posh chutney.

purpleroses Thu 06-Dec-12 21:12:34

Executive toy?
Pot plant?
Calendar?

dustyhousewithdustypeople Thu 06-Dec-12 21:13:52

A mug or a calendar?

BonfireBaby Thu 06-Dec-12 21:18:00

Agree with nice cheese and/or some kind of condiment
Or what about pack of cards with interesting design

Celticlassie Thu 06-Dec-12 21:18:44

Another vote for calendar. I gave a match of the day desk calendar a couple of years ago?

Remember it's secret, if he hates it he'll never know it was you. also picked difficult bloke out of the hat

Waswondering Thu 06-Dec-12 21:21:53

- A wind up torch? I gave dh one in his stocking last year (got it in Boots!) and he loves it!
- Haribo sour mix
- A mug with some hot choc sachets
- A scarf (thinking somewhere like Sainsburys/Primark etc might fit the price)
- um ........

mazzi2fly Thu 06-Dec-12 21:38:17

I just bought this
LED Keyring It's not very exciting but it's very useful. I have a similar one and it's so handy.

Thanks for everyone's ideas though!

BluelightsAndSirens Thu 06-Dec-12 21:49:28

Tub of haribos?

I bought a set of those hand warmer things from boots for £6, my secret Santa is always complaining about cold hands, he also hates the concept of pot noodles so I will be giving one of those as well <evil cackle>

Thanks. Think I'll do cheese. He's quite 'posh' so a scarf or tie for a fiver would be unlikely to find favour, I don't think. Cheese, chutney and nice crackers maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now