I am really baffled about Christmas treats. Come and tell me when you.......

(31 Posts)

eat yours.

I mean what time of day? There are loads of things that I would love to make but I know they will end up going to waste.

There are five of us and the only time I can think of when it won't interfere with meals is mid-afternoon. It shouldn't be this hard to fit it in surely?

So what do you do?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 08-Dec-12 15:27:55

we don't cook for about three days after christmas. just graze on ham, cheese, chutneys, christmas cake and chocolate.

FivesGoldNorks Sat 08-Dec-12 15:30:10

I know exactly what you mean. DCs are out today and DH and I are having a day in wrapping presents. We have mulled wine, mince pies, yule log, crisps and dips, olives & little bits that come in jars and THEN a risotto tonight (kids hate it). So we're struggling to fit it all in.

(diet's going fine, just in case you were wondering blush)

cocoachannel Sat 08-Dec-12 15:34:30

Christmas Eve dinner of special cheeses, ham, crackers and a good bottle of wine is my favourite part.

Sweet treats (and my grandmother's wonderful cheese straws) get out out on special plates and people graze between meals if they wish. My parents get lots of people popping in so this is mostly for them. Having said that this is the first year since DSis and I were children we've had a child in the house over the festive period.

Enjoy everyone. I'm off to get DD up from her nap, but may squeeze in a cuppa and my first mince pie of the year first!

grin Norks. I've been hiding. My diet is not going well. hmm

Well I think I just need to persuade dh that proper meals aren't necessary between Christmas and New Year. We can just graze to our heart's content! grin

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 08-Dec-12 16:27:24

This is the butter we get Waitrose.

I'd love it if we could stay at home for three days after Christmas and just graze, but it's MILs birthday on Boxing Day so we have to go over there and it's too far to just go for the day, so stay for a couple of nights. They don't have much in the way of tasty nibbles and are the sort of people who leave the turkey festering in a warm kitchen for a week, I'm always convinced we're going to get food poisoning from the leftovers.

Snog Sun 09-Dec-12 16:09:20

Mid morning
Mid afternoon
Pre dinner
Evening
All of these are defintely potenital opportunities to eat christmas treats in our house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now