Best Dolly for 2.5 year old DD

(28 Posts)

DD2 has asked Father Christmas for a dolly, I don't want one that cries, wees, whinges just something that is her size and not too cumbersome. Any ideas?

crocodilesmiles Mon 10-Dec-12 10:19:03

Also there's this as well. She looks cute...Easy to forget Woolworths still exists online: -

My First Ladybird Doll 7.50

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Sun 09-Dec-12 21:04:02

DD has one like this

I like it, it has a cute, uncreepy face, nice and soft to cuddle, you can take it's clothes off, apart from the shoes.

You can also get some baby rag dolls from Ikea (plus extra clothes and a little wooden bed), which DD was quite drawn to on a recent visit.

corolle dolls are fab - just the right size for this age, soft bodied and easy to wash. And they smell of vanilla! Both of mine have one and they go everywhere with them.

redwellybluewelly Sun 09-Dec-12 19:28:57

I bought DD a soft body small doll called Emily when she was a year old, she adores her, however as she is so small then she doesn't fit any normal clothes or buggy etc, I suspect a my first baby Annabelle will arrive in the summer when dc2 arrives

baby dolls poop?!

kipsy Sun 09-Dec-12 18:10:47

I am not a fan of the crying/weeing/pooping (yes there are some that do!) or over-large dolls either.

I got my DD an ELC Lil Cutesies doll:
http://www.elc.co.uk/Cup-Cake-Lil%27-Cutesies---Lulu-Doll/130290,default,pd.html
It's about 8 inches, vinyl so can go into the bath with her. Very cute.
£10 each, part of a 2 for £15 offer as well.

But it is VERY hard to find accessories for a doll that size, be warned!

crocodilesmiles Sun 09-Dec-12 15:19:18

Not sure what size baby born is. My first baby annabelle is 36cm long / 14 inches though.

how about this its a bit different but my 2 love it!!

timeforachangebaby Fri 07-Dec-12 16:51:48

is it the same size as a my first baby born? I have bought a jetski for DDs, but DC1s mates dismembered it at a party (dont ask)

crocodilesmiles Fri 07-Dec-12 16:32:06

The My First Baby Annabelle is £6.99 in Home Bargains at the mo. They do a little boy version too. It's also in The Entertainer's but it's £17 there!

chocolateicecream Fri 07-Dec-12 10:59:06

Ruby arrived this morning. She really is beautiful.

MrsCF Thu 06-Dec-12 21:49:56

They do make a Baby Anabelle that doesnt cry, I think it's called my first Baby Anabelle. We were given one when DD was 2.5 and she is nearly 5 now and is still perfectly happy with her baby, it's stood the test of time and toddler love too, the outfit gets washed every now and then. The hat never stayed on and was lost a long time ago.

ZombieBellesZombieAllTheWay Thu 06-Dec-12 18:50:58

i bought this for my dd who is going to be 2 in feb, its absolutely gorgeous and has none of the annoying habits that some other dolls have melissa and doug doll

theres also a blonde doll from the same range

chocolateicecream Thu 06-Dec-12 18:44:46

Oh dear, one of those Ruby rag-dolls fell into my shopping basket and is accidentally is on it's way to my house blush.

Oh well, with new baby on the way, could be a nice gift to put away for baby if it is a girl, or a present to it's big sister on its arrival.

mrsEbruce Thu 06-Dec-12 10:46:21

You should try thr rubyrange.co.uk there custom made, well priced and very cute

chocolateicecream Thu 06-Dec-12 09:57:04

Oh, Ruby is gorgeous, I want her but I have got my 3 yr old a Moulin Roty rag doll that looks quite similar, Dh would go mad. These dolls are lovely too.
www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=haba+doll
I have my eyes on the Forest fairy.

Ohh, you can never have enough Rag-dolls, I still have mine.

timeforachangebaby Wed 05-Dec-12 23:48:14

I got DD some I had never heard of - they are fantastic, perfect size and the clothes just clip on, like these

I stumbled across them by accident, and I am so glad I bought them

SantaWearsGreen Wed 05-Dec-12 23:45:20

Ragdolls are the best.

5madthings Wed 05-Dec-12 22:57:58

Ooh ruby red is fabulous! May get that for dd for xmas!

Zhen - I love Ruby Red she is exactly what I was looking for and she come with free cake - bonus!

ZhenThereWereTwo Wed 05-Dec-12 21:54:33

My 3.5 year old has a baby doll and a rag doll that she got at that age, the rag doll has been played with more mainly because she can practise dressing and undressing her.

Something like this or this maybe? Or Argos designa bear or designafriend dolls maybe although they say 3+ my dd would have been okay at 2.5 with them.

5madthings Wed 05-Dec-12 21:42:46

you and me lovely baby deluxe set its called smile

5madthings Wed 05-Dec-12 21:42:09

the toys r us site is not working, grr anyway its a 16inch? 36cm soft bodied baby doll, the deluxe doll in the you and me range, come with soft bed, little teddy and various accesories, and is on offer at £19:99 doesnt make a noise or wee or poo or anything!

5madthings Wed 05-Dec-12 21:37:38

i got the you and me doll from toys r us it comes with a soft bed, some accesories and a spare change of lcothes, my dd got it today for her second bday and loves it, will try and do a link smile

JoJoH1 Wed 05-Dec-12 21:34:37

hi, my dd has my first baby born it cost me about £10 and she loves it you can buy clothes for it if she wants to add to it. it does nothing and is smaller than a full size doll it does have a soft body so it does join her in the bath every now and then.

chocolateicecream Wed 05-Dec-12 19:26:45

I love rag-dolls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now