Need a garland and a huge bauble!

(10 Posts)

Right - TK Maxx tomorrow if the snow stops or melts.
Ikea at the weekend if they don't have them and £1 shop on Sunday if I have not tracked any down.

Ikea have had the humungous ones in before. Dont know if they do every year.

janeyjampot Wed 05-Dec-12 12:03:57

I saw some really big baubles in Home Sense/TK Maxx the other day if that helps.

I think I will have to head to the pound shop - just been sitting having coffee with my friend looking at where I would have hung the large antiqued glass one I was coveting to realise that with loads of little boys always running around the house it would last about 2 minutes before it ended up in pieces on the floor!

So local pound shop it is - or Ikea if this snow clears anytime soon!

Or maybe I will sit and try and find a display place that will sell me one humumgous silver or red one (plastic though)

You are all so very helpful.

DowntonSprouts Wed 05-Dec-12 10:02:36

The pound shops sell extra large baubles.

You could hang three on different lengths of ribbon.

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Wed 05-Dec-12 09:58:14

Sounds like you need something the size that you'd find on display in a shop ie John Lewis. Something really dramatic. I wonder if there are any shop display places that would sell to you?

Ooohhh that Xmas Direct is fab and 9 foot long just may be long enough not to need 2 of them for the bannisters.

We picked up some oversized (think mini football) baubles in plain silver from Ikea last year?

They were boxed individually and quite cheap.

We have ones front Xmas Direct, which are lovely. DZD (trade shop) also do giant baubles. However neither are super cheap, great quality though!

Only other option I can think of is to buy two cheap & sparse ones, wind them around each other first and then round the banister?

Have moved house and now have beautiful hallway! So I need a lush garland (quite long) to wind round the bannister rail and a huge bauble to hang from the, hard to explain but the newel post from upstairs comes through floor to ground floor and would make perfect place to hang a huge bauble.

I looked at loads of garlands and baubles and they are either £££ or sparse and cheap looking!!

Please help me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now