People i still need to buy for give me inspiration

(16 Posts)
Allonsy Wed 05-Dec-12 21:13:40

was thinking of this scarf for friend www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=34096&storeId=13077&productId=6099117&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=waffle scarf&pageSize=40

opinions on this please? i have zero fashion sense. Is a scarf enough of a present, shes a good friend we just dont get to see each other much

ethelb Wed 05-Dec-12 17:31:37

OP

Could you get your brother a threadless tshirt? beta.threadless.com/

And for xmas what about a set of whisky glasses/brandy glasses etc?

Your friend. Does she have an ipad/iphone? Maybe an app voucher so she can download stuff for when she has the baby.

Slippers are fine, though a snuggly blanket maybe nicer and John Lewis has some plain ones for £15 www.johnlewis.com/113774/Product.aspx

ethelb Wed 05-Dec-12 17:25:06

I have one brother (55, doesn't drink, likes cameras and guitars),

A mini tripod or one of those guitar pick wallets

one sister (47, drinks)

Xmas decs? Nice to receive so you can put them up straight away or look forward to next year

and a niece (nearly 30, eternal student). I'm out of ideas! Need to be light for postage.

Subscription of some sort? Soemthing for the home like a throw, though that is not light weight.

iMe Wed 05-Dec-12 17:17:44

Amazon vouchers for the difficult-to-buy-for folk?

Penguinbeaver Wed 05-Dec-12 16:48:47

Allonsy how about the uniqlo orla kiely stoles (scarves) they are lovely and bargain price

Allonsy Wed 05-Dec-12 12:49:20

thanks ladies, gloves are sorted i can only shop online im rural so makes it harder. Still cant decide between scarf or slippers for friend. Going to get beers for brothers christmas but still need birthday and SIL gift, im SO undecisive!

whatkungfuthat Tue 04-Dec-12 18:08:35

A different slant on the sweet idea Hoxton St Monster Supplies

GladbagsGold Tue 04-Dec-12 17:55:32

Brilliant thread.

Allonsy what about a striped scarf for your brother? Bit like socks but suit all men and its something that men hardly ever seem to get given.

Slippers not rubbish. Alternatives would be nice handbag or nice umbrella?

Frontpaw - Fairy lights for the eternal student niece? Google fair share soho - their shop is on facebook and the rose fairy lights look lovely.

Jelly Beans are a great idea, thanks WholeLottaRosie that's my brother's present sorted.

WholeLottaRosie Tue 04-Dec-12 17:32:44

For hard-to-buy-for males under 50 I normally get a jar of jelly beans, they usually have a few different sizes in TKMaxx. Sounds daft but they're always well received, think it's because the men I know seem to prefer sweets over chocolate, and a jar lasts ages.

If you are any where near a tiger shop they had touch screen gloves, can't remember how much they were but not a lot. They also have loads of lovely bits for db and friend that are great value.

Frontpaw Tue 04-Dec-12 14:54:51

I have one brother (55, doesn't drink, likes cameras and guitars), one sister (47, drinks) and a niece (nearly 30, eternal student). I'm out of ideas! Need to be light for postage.

legalalien Tue 04-Dec-12 14:50:05

Booze for brother, Aldi have a 'beers of the world' gift set for about £6.99, 4-5 bottles of beer in a gift set. Well under budget smile

cece Tue 04-Dec-12 14:44:53

Joules had lovely slipper boots for a tenner. Or how about a comedy dvd?

ChooChooLaverne Tue 04-Dec-12 14:37:15

Are these any good? Muji touchscreen gloves They have a couple of other styles too.

I like slippers! Or what about a nice scarf or cosy socks? Or jewellery? Or some nice smellies?

Brother is harder...

Allonsy Tue 04-Dec-12 14:31:04

I need cheap cheap cheap gifts as blown the budget.

I need 2 gifts for brother one christmas and one birthday (boxing day) not really sure what on earth to get and christmasy type sets dont seem appropriate for birthday? hes early 30's no really 'into' anything

Need gift for friend, pregnant so no booze, mid 20's pretty trendy, are slippers rubbish?

max £10-15 on abve gifts

also looking for thick touch screen gloves, debenhams thinsulate ones out of stock and can only find thin ones elsewhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now