Anyone seen Norman? Playmobil Advent Calendar

(38 Posts)
EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 20:50:16

We have broken open the PM advent calendar, this year it is the Winter woodland scene.

It is indeed a thing if great beauty and wonder.

<Applauds the good people if PM land>

oldraver Mon 03-Dec-12 21:31:14

We are on about the fourth year of the Woodland one. I thought DS would give it up last year but he still wants it out. We have it on a shelf of a bookcase as it stops all the things going flying and have some 'snow' under the scene and hanging down the front of the shelf. This year we also have some battery star lights I found which DS keeps re-arranging as he wants 'shooting stars'

missmapp Mon 03-Dec-12 21:33:29

We have the christmas post office- dc's are v excited that they are actually able to POST the letters!!!

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 21:34:56

Norm thanks you! He is currently enjoying a short break with his mates in the camper van, and wondering how soon to get his Christmas tree put up outside his portakabin. smile

We have the Playmo Kinghts tournament advent calendar this year by the way.......

missmapp Mon 03-Dec-12 21:38:00

OOhhhh we had that last year - i loved the King's owl !!

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 21:39:55

We had the post office last year - must get all our Christmas stuff out again! Norm will be wanting a sledge ride! grin

Hidinginthewoods Mon 03-Dec-12 21:46:42

missmapp we have the christmas post office this year & yesterday DS opened the 2nd door to discover the letters to Santa & posted them in the post box (from the 1st of Dec) -
today he opened the 3rd door holding the santa (post?) sack & I can not for the life of me get those ruddy letters out of the post box for him to play with confused
Any tips? before I use the nut crackers on it

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 21:48:53

You have to slide the "drawer" out of the post box. It pushes out. Hope this helps! smile

kefybaby Mon 03-Dec-12 21:53:13

We have the winter woodland scene too and I must confess that I am possibly more excited than DD (2) about opening a door every day! grin

Hidinginthewoods Mon 03-Dec-12 21:53:42

Thankyou snowmuch twas a bit tight! but that worked
phew
goes back to carry on playing post offices

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 21:54:28

Oooh, Playmo advent calendars are the business! We have had a kingy person, a crown and scroll, and a gold cloak so far......

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 21:55:05

Glad to be of service, hiding... smile

PepperMintonCandyCane Mon 03-Dec-12 21:59:39

I can't find ours <sob>
It's an old-fashioned drawing room with a fireplace and FC and a kitten curled up in a basket...and should be on its fourth of fifth outing. But it's gone missing.

DS2 has resorted to building his own from Lego sad

trixymalixy Mon 03-Dec-12 22:01:05

We have winter woodland too, I think I'm more excited by it than DD.

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 22:01:29

We've had a tree with snow and squirrels, a Fir tree with a log, and 2 badgers with cauliflower.

It's the absolute Christmas nuts I tell ye grin

We had the post office last year.

I almost can't wait for next year and the Knights

<hopelessly overexcited with 22 sleeps to go>

Startail Mon 03-Dec-12 22:09:24

ours have joined the general box of bits, the fire place warms the dolls house all year round.

It is time to hunt out the tree and the snowman and find FC.

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 22:11:22

Oooh, Norm and I are excited too! smile

SnowMuchToBits Tue 04-Dec-12 07:57:41

We had the king's owl today! smile

MirandaWest Tue 04-Dec-12 08:00:07

We have several playmobil advent calendars all on various outings smile

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 08:09:55

Thanks for tip about post box as was wondering about that. Today was Xmas crow and angel as we have both woodland and post office on the go.

I can't see it being put away for next year as dd loves it (and nothing says advent like a badger and some cauliflowers).

EnjoyResponsibly Tue 04-Dec-12 18:58:51

Gig DS was hmm about the festive Christmas crow. Lends a sense if the Hitchcock to the wondrous winter scene.

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:02:16

It is really quite hitchcockian (If that is a word) and its proportion is not that of vulture than crow

ObiTheChristmasWan Tue 04-Dec-12 19:10:18

Hmm.. I was expecting the Christmas Crow. I got - the baby deer.

Which is rather more festive, so I'm quite pleased. DD will discover the crow another day. It would have looked rather sinister on the dark wood tree anyway grin.

Days 1, 2 and 3 were all as they should be. I wonder whether we'll have two deer, and no crow?

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:13:26

Festive crow would probably eat festive deer if you don't keep him strapped to the tree.

mercibucket Tue 04-Dec-12 19:19:42

With the new advent calendars, can you re-use them on following years?
Our winter wonderland is looking good. We accessorise with extra fir trees and snow and have a nice hay rack, a tree and some birds so far
Looking forward to a badger and cauliflowers - the very essence of xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now