Aga Masterchef XL

(13 Posts)
Jum1 Thu 05-Sep-13 15:23:24

Hello Gremlinmum, my masterchef xl is up and running! So far I am very happy with it but it has only been two weeks. It feels as if it is worth the money and chocolate brownie reports have been that they are the best ever. (I can cook other stuff). I went to have a look at one thinking it would put me off completely but it did the opposite. I wanted the two ovens to be 'real' size and not one tall and thin or half size. The barbeque is still in employment so will let you know if anything happens when the masterchef workload gets closer to maximum.

TKiller Sat 27-Jul-13 20:19:38

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but how are you getting on with your masterchef? I'm thinking to get one so would be very interested to hear what you have to say. Many thanks. T

TKiller Sat 27-Jul-13 20:18:05

Hi, I'm now thinking of getting the masterchef, did you go for it? Would be very interested to hear how you're getting on with it. T

difficultpickle Mon 01-Apr-13 12:12:14

I've had an Aga 6:4 for 9 years and always been happy with it. Very versatile. The only problem I had was one of the elements failing in one of the ovens but that was replaced by Aga free of charge.

Halesy Mon 01-Apr-13 12:10:19

I'm liking the sound of the aga masterchef xl and wondered whether gremlinmum or hedje or anyone else has got any views on it?

gremlinmum Tue 05-Feb-13 12:15:02

Me too hedje I don't get it until the end of March when extension should be nearly finished smile can't wait!!

hedje Tue 29-Jan-13 14:34:38

I have bought one and it will arrive on the 13th of February...am so excited!

amazonianwoman Wed 23-Jan-13 00:39:51

Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread...

Did you buy the Aga Masterchef XL? I'm also undecided between this (and tempted by the 20% discount), the Esse EC4i and the Falcon Deluxe.

gremlinmum Fri 14-Dec-12 17:24:35

Hi LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl just to let you know the Aga masterchef XL has 20% off at the moment - going to have a look at it!!! Hubby went to see some ranges in a supplier in glasgow today only to find the shop was going into administration sad worrying times

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Mon 10-Dec-12 13:31:41

I've seen quite a few negative reviews of the Aga 6:4 which is similar but nothing on the Masterchef. Had a quick look at Rangemasters in John Lewis yesterday but they weren't really doing it for me...

I had almost decided on the Esse EC4i (I LOVE induction hobs) but can't find any reviews which is why I started looking at other brands. Love the idea of having one gas and one electric oven with the Lacanche but reviews seem to be split between those who love them and those who hate them!

gremlinmum Mon 10-Dec-12 12:06:38

Hi LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl still undecided..... I can't find any reviews on the web; however the original Aga Masterchef didn't receive a very good write up on mumsnet. I'm worried it might look a bit naff as in it is pretending to be an Aga do you know what I mean? Going towards a Rangemaster Professional now a lot cheaper and appears to have good reviews. Good luck and keep me posted!!! smile

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Mon 10-Dec-12 11:43:14

I'm also considering one so would be great to hear from anyone who has one. Have you considered any others gremlinmum? I'm also looking at Lacanche, Esse electric and Falcon but such mixed reviews on the Lacanche, can't find any on the Esse and not much on Falcon either!

Agree, it's such a big purchase, can't afford to make a mistake. We currently have a traditional Aga but find it gives off too much heat...

gremlinmum Sun 02-Dec-12 10:22:20

Has anyone got an Aga Masterchef XL, thinking of getting one for our new kitchen extension, big purchase so want to make sure we get it right!! No reviews on the internet can anyone help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now