Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread

(1000 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:15:00

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

Mouseface Wed 12-Dec-12 20:41:05

Ma Stop it!! blush

<cries again>

chipmonkey Wed 12-Dec-12 22:11:01

I am recipient MN036.
First of all, I'd like to thank whoever nominated me. I was a little hesitant to accept as we are not badly off financially or anything like that but understood that that wasn't the point!smile
Last year was the worse year of our lives. We lost our last child and only daughter to SIDS. I've had times when I really felt that I couldn't be bothered going on but for my boys. Mumsnet has been a Godsend, both emotionally and in the beautiful gifts, cards, and of course the WoollyHugs blanket which so many people put so much effort and love into.

And to my Secret Santa, well, WOW!grin I can't believe how generous you've been and wasn't expecting so much. The parcel to the Mumsnetter of the House was brought round by our next door neighbours who took the delivery.
I did open it and was stunned to see the Wii console thing, the game and the steering-wheel thingies. Ds1 was there, luckily to explain what all this was, as I was clueless. We have bundled it all up again and will surprise the other boys with it on Christmas day.

Ds1 is also amazed at your generosity and can't believe a stranger could be so kind.

Much, much love to you xx

Haribojoe Wed 12-Dec-12 23:09:29

Am glad it arrived safely Chip hope they all enjoy it.

Much love to you and your family from me and mine, I'll think of you all on Christmas day, including your DD.

I hope that 2013 brings good things for you all x

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Thu 13-Dec-12 00:16:04

Ok, I can't remember the number, but whoever was the lively MN'er that sent me the Filofax with the message that made me grin, I was just filling in my addresses and I unzipped the back pocket.

shock thanks

Thank you so much! (You will know why I have posted a second time!)

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Thu 13-Dec-12 00:16:50

Lively = lovely. I am getting organised, now I just need to stop Autocorrect from annoying me! wink

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Thu 13-Dec-12 00:34:29

I need to stop sniffling and get to bed!

2012 has been such a hard year for me, I was trying to cope with being left as a Lone Parent with epilepsy and fibro to my 4 wonderful DC's, and DD and DS2's Autism.

Then through the course of this year I have had to deal with DS1 being hurt by his SM, realising that DS3 has the same issues as DD and DS2, and then having the school being up concerns of Aspergers about DS1 to me, my own diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, as well as my Granny's deteriorating health and me being unable to get to see her when I know she's dying as she lives 600+ miles away from me. She brought me up for much of my childhood.

But this has made me dissolve!

It makes me realise that there is still good in the world, and I can keep going. And hopefully next year will be a better year, for me and everybody else on this thread.

And on that note, I'm going to say a huge thank you to my Secret Santa, and am going to sniffle my way to bed!

HellonHeels Thu 13-Dec-12 07:27:50

Big thank you to MN089 who has been so generous to me xxx I was so touched by your thoughtfulness and will be getting something Christmassy with my gift card. I loved the handmade packaging, too - just lovely smile

I'm wishing you and your family a happy fun filled Christmas!

3girliessanta Thu 13-Dec-12 09:32:26

3girlies you are so very welcome. That was just a little something to tide you over until your 'proper' gift arrived. A couple of the items were a special order hence the slight delay. Am still waiting for one but your main parcel was posted yesterday so hopefully it will arrive in the next day or so.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Words alone can never be enough but please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers as are all the other bereaved mums. So very difficult at this time of year (((hugs))) x

Fillybuster Thu 13-Dec-12 10:09:17

<wipes away tears>

<blows nose>

Can someone who is cleverer at keeping track of these things than me please tell me if there MN069 has received their parcel? I'm getting a bit worried as I posted it 2 weeks ago and the other ones I sent arrived within a few days sad

Have I just missed something somewhere? Otherwise, MNHQ - are you able to check please?

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 13-Dec-12 10:58:28

Fillybuster I just did a search and nothing but your message ^ came up, so it doesn't look like anyone has posted to say they've got it yet.

SecretSantaMN015 Thu 13-Dec-12 11:10:19

MN015 Your parcel is on it's way with the elves. Hope you enjoy xxx

ChristmasTreegles Thu 13-Dec-12 11:14:40

MN199

I just wanted to post a huge "Thank you!!!" for the gift voucher you sent for Christmas!! It was so generous, and I will be using it this weekend to order Christmas gifts!

I'm just a little concerned, and may have to peek out my windows more often, as I suspect you have little elves doing your research - I was just looking through that particular website last week and this morning, trying to sort some specific items that DS2 needs!! grin

It was so kind of you and exactly what was needed! It's been such a stressful year, this just brought tears thinking that someone else will do something so kind for a stranger. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas - I wish I could do something for you in return! God bless!

Galena Thu 13-Dec-12 11:26:00

Treegles, you are more than welcome...

Having organised it, I looked through this thread and worried because it wasn't an exciting parcel of goodies... I'm glad it will come in useful. I love that website!

I haven't been snooping, honest! grin Enjoy Christmas!

SantaSandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 11:37:20

Fillybuster

<wipes away tears>

<blows nose>

Can someone who is cleverer at keeping track of these things than me please tell me if there MN069 has received their parcel? I'm getting a bit worried as I posted it 2 weeks ago and the other ones I sent arrived within a few days sad

Have I just missed something somewhere? Otherwise, MNHQ - are you able to check please?

Hi Fillybuster, Will PM you.

ChristmasTreegles Thu 13-Dec-12 11:54:10

Galena - thank you again! I am going to have a lovely relaxing time browsing their website before I order. So it will provide not only gifts for DS, but some fun "shopping" time for me (with a wine or brew nearby of course!!) as well! So extra cool bonus fun for me! grin

Galena Thu 13-Dec-12 12:18:54

grin

SecretSanta09 Thu 13-Dec-12 12:19:36

MN009 don't panic, you haven't been forgotten! I'm waiting for something to arrive here so I can repost it...

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Thu 13-Dec-12 13:03:36

I am MN169.

Omg, I am so shocked. I really was not expecting to recieve anything else and was over the moon with the previous gifts for my DS.

After an awful night last night and a bad day yesterday (conjuctavitis in both eyes and tiredness that could kill), I have just recieved another parcel through the door. I really have tears in my eyes right now readng this. Just the thought that there is people out there who care so much to do something so spontaneous and kind is lovely and heart warming and right now, I really need to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This year will never be forgotten, I am still stunned that I was nominated in the first place (and thank you to whoever you are too!)

I haven't opened DS's present yet, I will put it under the tree for him on Xmas day and will come back to properly thank again then. smile

Thank you so much again!

<cries a bit>

I'd really love to give everyone on this thread a hug right now!

smile

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Thu 13-Dec-12 13:19:43

I've bought the turkey (I had no idea how I was going to afford one), and I have got something for each of us with the rest of it. The children will be receiving a present from 'a kind MN'er' under the tree! Thank you so much again, it is such a worry off my head now, I can do Christmas dinner, and I can relax now! grin

McKayz Thu 13-Dec-12 13:31:57

Secret Santa MN120 thank you ever so much. The boys will love the Lego you've sent and the chocolate coins. I love amazon so I'm sure I'll find something on there. Thanks again. It's lovely.

I'm not sure why I was nominated but its lovely to know people think of me. I'll certainly be donating next year.

thanks

CouthysNom Thu 13-Dec-12 14:00:26

<snogs Couthys Secret Santa> wink

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Thu 13-Dec-12 14:10:09

Thank you to CouthysNom!

Hopefully next year I can pass some of this on to someone else. grin

santaclaw5 Thu 13-Dec-12 14:13:51

MN039 WOW, i have just recieved another card with a Debenham's gift voucher inside. Quite a surprise i didnt know you could receive more than one gift!

Thank you so much, as i said previously i have a son with SN's who is really depressed and unable to attend school, i have been a bit skint recently due to having to fight for his right to an education.

He has some toileting issues too and he is in desperate need of some new pj's.

Thank you so much for your kindness and hope you have a lovely Christmas too xx

soremummy Thu 13-Dec-12 14:32:57

Is there a way that hq could send out the numbers to the people who have been nominated to receive something and ask them when they have received a gift to reply to hq. even if they don't want to post on this thread they could let hq know and hq could post saying mnxxxx has received a parcel? that way people who had sent items could rest easy knowing it had arrived safely

SantaSandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 15:28:57

soremummy

Is there a way that hq could send out the numbers to the people who have been nominated to receive something and ask them when they have received a gift to reply to hq. even if they don't want to post on this thread they could let hq know and hq could post saying mnxxxx has received a parcel? that way people who had sent items could rest easy knowing it had arrived safely

Hi soremummy, just about to PM you....

This thread is not accepting new messages.