Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread

(1000 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:15:00

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

Mouseface Sat 08-Dec-12 14:21:11

Yay! Pistey I'm glad you've been nominated too! You so deserve to be you fab lady you [fsmaile] xx

KnottyLocks Sat 08-Dec-12 14:28:47

I love this thread smile

<blasts another tissue to smithereens>

SS084 Sat 08-Dec-12 14:30:19

MN084 I am the non- voucher Santa and you are very welcome. I hope you all enjoy them. Merry Christmas!

BiscuitNibbler Sat 08-Dec-12 14:31:54

I wonder if it is possible for MNHQ to email all the recipients a link to this thread?

I'm not looking for thanks, just to know that my parcel has been received. I really wish I had paid for tracking now.

Posted Monday and now worrying the parcel has got lost (and also thinking that maybe the recipient just thought it was crap). sad

PeskyRatInASantaHat Sat 08-Dec-12 14:53:19

Hey Biscuit, don't be sad.

You've done a wonderful thing which I'm sure will be greatly appreciated, no matter how big or small.

It could well be the parcel has been held up due to the christmas rush, or the recipient just doesn't realise this thread exists.

I think MNHQ would give the recipients a gentle nudge towards this thread if asked, not sure.

KnottyLocks Sat 08-Dec-12 15:22:04

Oh Biscuit, bless you.

There is the possibility that your parcel is waiting to be redelivered if the MNer wasn't in.

I know from previous years that some Post Offices don't let you collect if you don't have ID for 'Mumsnetter of the House' .

MN066 Sat 08-Dec-12 15:26:34

To MNSanta 066, I got my parcel this morning and want to say thank you so much. I am quite overwhelmed how generous and thoughtful you have been, your parcel and letter was so lovely to receive thanks

I have to admit I have sneaked a look in the presents because its just too tempting!! and also I wanted to know what's there so I could thank you properly, but i will wrap them back up properly again and will keep til christmas.
I know the dc will love all the presents you chose them and i will definitely enjoy using mine grin, and yes i do have a dh in the house and im sure he will also enjoy the biscuits too

I was so touched when i was nominated this year, as tbh I did not really know anyone had noticed me much on mumsnet although I am on here a lot so it was just so touching to know that someone had noticed and thought of me to nominate, and then to recieve such a thoughtful parcel from someone who does not even know us at all, is just so lovely!! I will definitely be nominating and volunteering to be a santa next year so i can have the chance to do the same for someone else and hopefully bring someone else the same happiness.

I felt a bit guilty to be nominated as im sure there are loads of people worse off than us and going through a lot more difficulties and struggling more, and we are fortunate compared to many people but over the last year i have been going through the process of getting one of my dc assessed and recently diagnosed with autism and various other problems so it has been a stressful year in that respect, and we are actually struggling a bit at the moment with loads of debt due to horrible ex landlord that has kept loads of our money, and having to chase them through court to eventually get it back which is taking forever! so although our problems are not much compared to some it is still really nice to be thought of, and it gave me a massive boost when i got the pm that i had been nominated - so thank you to nominator too, whoever you are!

santa066 i hope you and your family have a brilliant christmas, its lovely to know there are such kind people out there. THANK YOU!!!!! thanks

ssmno23 Sat 08-Dec-12 15:54:20

MN023 I posted a big box to you last Friday-30th November :-)
Just wondered if it had arrived yet-I do hope so xx

Santa109 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:18:37

Hello MNetter109! Just a quick message to say you haven't been forgotten, I will be sending my package on Monday hopefully!

SS066 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:21:59

You are very welcome MN066!

It was a real pleasure to do, and I hope the boys' gifts are ok, it was a bit harder than I thought trying to pick presents for people you don't know - but so much fun!

I'm so pleased it arrived safely! Enjoy your presents and and I hope you all have a wonderfull Christmas and a happy and healthy new year. X

MN084 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:30:59

SS084 I'm positive that we will! Many thanks again smile

nickelbabylyinginamanger Sat 08-Dec-12 16:50:17

Santa MN139

thanksthanksthanks

As with everyone, we're tightening our belts this year, and I have been eyeing up stock that if I didn't sell before Christmas I would have given to DD for her presents (rather than being able to buy anything - it would mean that I had to declare it as stock for personal use, ie count it as income for the tax return but not make any money out of it)

But your very lovely gift means that DD can have actual proper presents from Santa (and the real one! grin ) rather than leftovers. And she can learn the true meaning of Christmas so early on grin

So thank you times a million for your generous (very very generous) gifts - a rather fabby ELC kettle and frying pan (so cool I want it for my own kitchen!), That's Not My Snowman (I love those books!), and Funny Faces jigsaw puzzle (I've never seen one of those before - very clever idea)

I thought I had something in my eye.
thanksthanksthanks

Mandz07 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:55:39

I would just like to say a great big thank you to the fantastic mn's who nominated me and especially to the mn'r that sent my daughter and I such a wonderful gift. I am a total idiot tho as I took down a copy of the mn number that was in the package and now I can't find ithmm x but thank u whoever you are for the pre Xmas gifts (DVDs, popcorn, choc decoration supplies and tea) you have definitely made the worst year of our lives so much better. The sainsburys voucher is fantastic to. I will have something great to remember this year for now and not just all the bad memories. You are all wonderful, I only discovered mums net a few months ago and now I don't know what I would do without you all ������

Mandz07 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:56:19

I would just like to say a great big thank you to the fantastic mn's who nominated me and especially to the mn'r that sent my daughter and I such a wonderful gift. I am a total idiot tho as I took down a copy of the mn number that was in the package and now I can't find ithmm x but thank u whoever you are for the pre Xmas gifts (DVDs, popcorn, choc decoration supplies and tea) you have definitely made the worst year of our lives so much better. The sainsburys voucher is fantastic to. I will have something great to remember this year for now and not just all the bad memories. You are all wonderful, I only discovered mums net a few months ago and now I don't know what I would do without you all ������

Santa084 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:57:53

MN084 I'm glad the vouchers arrived safely and you're able to use them. A party dress for your DD and some tasty bits sounds lovely. This is the first time I've done MN secret Santa and I kept thinking I should be sending Waitrose vouchers grin

My handwriting was roundly criticised at school for being too loopy so you have made my day.

Happy Christmas!

SledYuleCated Sat 08-Dec-12 17:00:01

MN077 Your parcel will be on its way soon! Didn't manage to get it sent this week blush but fear not!

SledYuleCated Sat 08-Dec-12 17:08:49

Oh arsetits, I thought I'd NCed blush

SecretSanta146 Sat 08-Dec-12 17:27:50

Posted parcel to MN146 this morning, hopefully it won't take too long to arrive!

Gigondas Sat 08-Dec-12 19:01:38

Christmas that should say.

MN084 Sat 08-Dec-12 19:04:41

Santa084 No Waitrose in Scotland (that I know of) You made an ideal choice and its my closest one. thanks

Gigondas Sat 08-Dec-12 19:04:43

Where is rest of my message? Thank you so much mn078- gifts for the kids were perfect (dd1 loves the pyjamas) and my gift was so thoughtful (love the magnet). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

TisILeclerc Sat 08-Dec-12 20:21:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ss090thesecond Sat 08-Dec-12 20:39:19

Ooh TisI how exciting! I've got you too so there is more coming your way grin.

I'm hoping to wrap and send early next week.

I've not come across you before but it's nice to know who you are. I hope you will like the things when they arrive.

TisILeclerc Sat 08-Dec-12 20:42:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hope 007 got hers ... !

This thread is not accepting new messages.